Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New in eastern North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know you're not from where I'm at, dang Lowes here only sells their own brand stuff and I made the mistake of buying one of their high dollar gassers a few years back. No parts and no support available when the stainless beast started rusting itself apart only a couple years later

Pretty sure our store doesn't have Weber grills but I could be wrong. If you're closer to Raleigh there are a few BBQ supply stores in the area who sell an assortment of smokers and grills, I talked with a few of them when considering my pellet smoker/grill purchase and they were all friendly and not pushy. Only like 2 that popped up on google back then, so if there are more than that I didn't talk to them all. Having said that, Lowes is hard to beat money wise if you have a contractor or military discount, but they don't always sell the best SKU's for certain products

Comment

Thanks guys, appreciate all of the welcome replies. Will check out the stores in Raleigh (I live in Rocky Mount). Have had a Char Broil for years but it is all rusted. Have a Char Broil portable Grill2go in my camper and love it but want something at home that I can control the temps. Have never tried slow and low temps because I did not have the proper gril to do that. Seems that the Weber is in my price range and looks to be well made. Hard to beat a 10 year guarantee top to bottom. Thanks for all your help, I need it. Looking forward to being a part of the community.

Comment

Can't wait to watch and see another unsuspecting disciple get MCS! Welcome!!

Comment

Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Madison, WI

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Denver, NC! You're gonna love it here.

Comment

Welcome aboard from CT!

Comment

Hello All gone to the dogs. Checked stores in Raleigh but all way above budget. What pellet smoker did you get? Been thinking about a pellet grill. All I have ever done is grill hamburgers, steaks, fish, chicken, etc. but the pellet smokers interest me. Never cooked with a "smoke flavor" and also wonder if the pellet smoker will be hot enough to grill. How about the small Rec Tec? Appreciate any and all info. Currently looking at Weber SpiritII at Lowes. They have the 2 and 3 burner model can't decide on which one (3 burner is $100 more than 2 burner) but have made no decision yet. Only cooking for two. Need help. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here