Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member from NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member from NC

Greetings all. I'm your newest member from NC. I've been interested in outdoor cooking for many years, and recently found The Pit. I do mostly grilling, but I'm interested in doing some smoking/slow cooking.

I own a Weber Performer w/SNS and cast iron grates, Saber Cast 500 gas, and a CharBroil Big Easy Oil-less Fryer. I've had fun and success with all, but I'm looking to try some new cookers. My Weber is about 15 years old now...it still works but she's seen better days.

I'm mulling over my next addition. The candidates are Kamado Joe Big Joe, PK360, and PBC. Hopefully I can find a nudge in the right direction in the sub-forums.

Thanks!

Welcome from Raleigh!

Comment

Welcome, and enjoy the hunt!

Comment

Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina

Comment

Welcome from the Republic of Texas !!! I would suggest a kamado instead of a PK. Although the PK is a great cooker, it's a bit on the small side and is similar enough to a Weber kettle, which you presumably have, that it would tend to be redundant in my opinion. Whatever you choose, enjoy the ride because it will fire up your desire for more !!!!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Your three candidates are all really good ones. However, since I've had a lot of PBC experience and am a big fan ... consider yourself nudged in that direction (nobody said this would be easy ).

Comment

Welcome from The Triad.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from southeast Michigan! Have you checked out the reviews on the AR free site?

Comment

• GrillinNC
                      GrillinNC commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I’m slowly working my way through them...

Oh sure it’s easy as to what course you should take, all of the above. You will learn. Welcome, eat good & have fun.

Comment

• JGo37
                      JGo37 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Can I double like?

Thanks for all the replies!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Thanks for joining up!

When you have a second, give this thread a once over. There is some important information for you. This information will ensure you get the most out of your experience here in The Pit.

Also, it's very important that you:
                      • Check your email, go to User settings then the account tab.You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. Please visit this link: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pi...il-request.php
                      • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thank you for your support. We are excited to have you and we look forward to your contributions.

-Spinaker

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from CLT!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here