Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member from Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member from Kentucky

I'm Jack and a newly addicted novice smoker! I've a gas water smoker, a pellet smoker/grill and plans for a barrel oven. I really want to learn how to cook on a stick burner. I love every aspect of smoking and cookin' good food especially the "chowing down" part! But I don't consider myself the pitmaster of my back yard until I can get a stick burner humming. I've used the site as a reference for a while now and thought it was time I contribute to the cause! Thanks for being here.

And I can't get that damn picture to flip. Load ed from a DROID system and is correct in the preview. Oh well.... droid-itis I guess.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I recently joined and I'm very much a novice, but big improvements made due to the great resources and helpful folks here. I'm just outside of Nashville, TN, in Murfreesboro.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Jack! Glad to have you here and we appreciate your support. Stickburners are fun. In fact I'm just getting ready to fire mine up to smoke a 6lb corned brisket flat into pastrami! But..it's dark and cold and I'm a tad lazy.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos!

Hope to hear & see more from you.

Comment

Thanks folks. I'm in Grand Rivers Ky near the lakes. Fuzzy daddy I've been to Murfreesboro several times. Good food there. Huskee I apologize for the photo comment...Darn thing frustrates the heck outta me. It shows correctly in the photo list but flips when it goes into the profile. I even copied it and flipped the copy to load and it still went to the profile upside down. Guess I'll just have to mess with it when I have time. Again, thanks and I look forward to the experiences here.

Comment

Welcome aboard jlaws. I'm also from the Bluegrass state live in a little community with no traffic lights Smiths Grove, Ky

Comment

A big welcome from the SC Lowcountry!

Comment

Welcome from Pittsburgh PA !

Comment

Welcome jlaws! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Welcome fellow Kentuckian, glad you're here!

Comment

• DWCowles
                      DWCowles commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Go Ky Wildcats 20-0

• DWCowles
                      DWCowles commented
                      Editing a comment
                      31-0

Hi Jack welcome to the Pit

Comment

Sorry for not responding to everyone but the pad died and went to never-never land along with all my site addys and logins. (Don'tcha love technology. ...can't live with it or without it. But. Sorted out and back. Watching the temp on a rack of country pork ribs. I've run my rub through a coffee grinder to get it super fine and then inject it and apple juice before smoking with apple. I like the taste. Almost time to chow. Be safe and thanks for all the welcomes.

Comment

jlaws4792, Welcome to the pit. From over near Bardwell, KY here. Kybred and DWCowles maybe it's time to plan for a KY get together. We could see who is else is on from KY and have a heck of a cook!

Comment

Welcome and thanks for the support.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here