Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member from Wisconsin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member from Wisconsin

It is winter in Wisconsin and I anxiously await spring and the outdoor cooking season. I love my Yoder Y640 Pellet Smoker. It is very versatile, allowing me to smoke low and slow or grill at a high temperature with the addition of Grill Grates. I have had creditable successes with ribs and smoked chicken. Last summer I experimented with slow smoking many kinds of sausages with good results. I am looking forward to the abundance of tips and ticks that will help me elevate my grilling and smoking skills.

Welcome to the Pit PelletHeadSteve... You've come to the right place to learn, brag and teach. We all stumbled onto AR by some need for information. Everyone here seems to want to contribute to your learning process. All that's required is posting a question. Your pellet smoker is a popular model and brand here. I'm sure you will get lots of imput from those guys. I'm a Big Green Egg guy so I am not to familiar with your smoker. Have fun learning.

Comment

Hey Steve, I'm over here on the Michigan lake (Port Washington) and I've not let the winter keep me down. I'm a fellow pellethead (Traeger), and i love this time of year as it allows me to low smoke hard cheeses without melting the blocks down to a pile of nothing. ON Wisconsin!
      Originally posted by PelletHeadSteve View Post
      It is winter in Wisconsin and I anxiously await spring and the outdoor cooking season.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Steve, you have come to the right place to learn what to do and more important IMO what not to do. Thanks for your support.

Comment

Welcome aboard Steve. Get out there and cook Just kidding.

Comment

Welcome Steve!!! You can fire up that Yoder in the winter!! I'm over in Viking country and I smoke all year round my friend. Good to see some more northerners around here, we gotta spread the Que up in the North Country.

Comment

Hey there Steve

Comment

Hi Steve welcome to the Pit.

Comment

Welcome Steve. Lots of great information and people here. I've went from zero to hero around my house in a couple of months.

Comment

A big Pit welcome from the Charleston, SC area!

Comment

Thanks to all for your WARM (haha) welcome. I have benefited greatly from the AR website in the past and it was time to join the Pit. CurlingDog is right, winter is a good time to try some cold smoking.

I have always wanted to try cold smoking salmon (lox), but Meathead is adamant about the dangers inherent in this process, so I will stick to cheese. Are there other things that can be cold smoked safely?

Perhaps this question should be moved to an appropriate topic forum. Please advise.

Comment

Welcome Steve! We're glad you're here. Try cold smoking nuts. MH has a good article on it.

Comment

Belated welcome PelletHeadSteve! Also smoking salt is a good idea. I keep meaning to do some but I am lazy and forgetful.

Since this is one of your first posts, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos, including setting up your signature.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here