Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Learning by doing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATXBill
    commented on 's reply
    Introduction...check!

• The Burn
    replied
    Huskee, there is nothing like a Fall day in Austin (particularly at a Longhorn football game) or a Spring day out at the lakes.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    And I was going you say the same (and often do) about NYC.

• Huskee
    replied
    Very belated welcome Bill! I'd like to visit Texas some day, but alas I am a northerner and I don't like to sweat. Never fear, I'll still make it there eventually. Maybe in winter!

Since this is your one of first posts, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos, such as setting up your signature.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Leave a comment:

• ATXBill
    replied
    Latitudinally and Longitudinally speaking, you guys are probably right. But Austin, Texas is in fact, the center of the universe. Happy to host here. ;-) Thanks for the warm welcome back all.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Hello Bill Welcome

Leave a comment:

• Dr ROK
    commented on 's reply
    Guess I gotta remember this group is not just limited to the 48 states

• cdd315
    replied
    Originally posted by Spinaker View Post

Technically the geographical center of North America is in North Dakota, so with that being said, Minneapolis is the closest major city, so lets do it here!! (Minneapolis)

Welcome back Bill!!
    Alright Minneapolis then. Not sure where Rugby North Dakota is but I know that Minneapolis is an easy two day drive! Might be an excuse to take my motorbike on a road trip

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Originally posted by cdd315 View Post
    Considering where Strat would have to fly from .. wouldn't Saskatchewan be more in the middle Just sayin! Welcome Bill!
    Technically the geographical center of North America is in North Dakota, so with that being said, Minneapolis is the closest major city, so lets do it here!! (Minneapolis)

Welcome back Bill!!

Leave a comment:

• cdd315
    replied
    Considering where Strat would have to fly from .. wouldn't Saskatchewan be more in the middle Just sayin! Welcome Bill!
    Last edited by cdd315; January 29, 2015, 01:55 PM. Reason: Spelling

Leave a comment:

• Dr ROK
    commented on 's reply
    You're not going to get much more centered than Nebraska

• _John_
    replied
    We are pretty spread out geographically, but I could probably do something in Texas. How about in Arkansas that's kind of the middle of the country!

Leave a comment:

• Strat50
    replied
    Glad to have you back, Bill! We all look forward to conversing, commiserating,and interacting. Greetings from Houston, Alaska.

Leave a comment:

• ATXBill
    started a topic Learning by doing.

Learning by doing.

I've lurked here for about 3 years, and was a member of the PitMaster club early on, then drifted away. Consider me a prodigal son. Really appreciate the shared knowledge and experience of both the moderators and participants.

I'm a big advocate of the Pit Barrel Cooker and have learned a lot by experimenting with temperature control with this UDS. Yes, you can light it an forget it...but what's the fun if there's no tinkering? There's so much flexibility with this machine, adapting temperatures for whatever you are cooking. (Congrats to Noah and Amber Glanville and how well they've done over a few short years.(

Would love to see the good people of AmazingRibs.com host a weekend event. I'd travel from Texas for it and pay for the privilege of attending. (I'd also be glad to help coordinate.) Ribapalooza? Porkapalooza?

Keep up the good work lads. You improve people's lives...the people who cook and the people who benefit from it.

I've made a few people happy with my cooking, and that's as good as it gets.

Recent posts as "Bill" here: http://amazingribs.com/recipes/rubs_...ent-1821906025

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here