Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi Ya...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to The Pit Larry. Besides the cooker, the single most important thing you need is an accurate digital thermometer to check meat temps with. And if you can afford it, a leave in digital thermometer to monitor pit temps and meat temps, makes life much easier.

Comment

• thecruiser
      thecruiser commented
      Editing a comment
      One comes with the GMG Ron. Plugs right into the smoker. How handy is that. I can (and probably will) buy a portable unit for that second butt or chicken in the smoker.

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Please check the supplied thermo for accuracy. If you can take some boiling water to the thermo, it should read close to 212* - adjusted for your elevation.

A probe for each protein is a good idea, but if you need to wait a bit before getting one, just put the one you have in the smallest piece. That one should cook the fastest. When it's ready, move the probe to the next smallest, and so forth.
      Last edited by RonB; September 29, 2018, 07:43 PM.

• thecruiser
      thecruiser commented
      Editing a comment
      Good idea, Thanks for the tip Ron.

Another victim / umm, PIT fellow - WELCOME! And as Keiferr forgot to mention in the first hello - we require some pics of your new cooker and your first cook.

Now HAVE SOME FUN!

Comment

• thecruiser
      thecruiser commented
      Editing a comment
      Will post 'em when I get 'em there JGo37. THANKS for the WELCOME!

Welcome to the pit!
    Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome thecruiser! Be sure to check out Meathead's recipes on the free site for ribs, pulled pork, etc. They really explain things well for newbies. And as always, ask questions here for more specifics. Did you get your GMG yet?

Comment

• thecruiser
        thecruiser commented
        Editing a comment
        I will Huskee. I bought meatheads book and it was delivered a couple of days ago. I'm in a trip this week to Indiana with friends so will be next week before I can really get in to it.

I have my GMG also and did the initial Burn-In! Have not cooked anything yet. Will post pics when I do.
        Last edited by thecruiser; October 3, 2018, 05:29 AM.

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Welcome from Texas. This is a great place to learn. I pick up things all the time. It has really helped me be a better cook.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here