Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member Greeting from dshaffes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member Greeting from dshaffes

I'm in NJ and have lived on the East Coast for most of my life. My BBQ roots came from my father in-law who was born and raised in St. Louis, Missouri. He taught me how to cook low and slow ribs which I began cooking for my neighbors at our annual 4th of July party. Since then, I've learned to cook a variety of different meats and most recently have tried Beef Jerky, Fresh Ham, and BACON! My passion for BBQ, grilling and cooking in general continues to grow. I've even started a BBQ Club in my neighborhood whose purpose is to appreciate, educate and promote the art of American BBQ in our community. We have a core membership of about 20 people who meet monthly to share recipes, cook, and plan community fundraisers to support local causes. The club has a big double barrel offset trailer and Weber Kettle Ranch to do our cooks. For me at home, I have a 22.5" WSM, a Med. BGE, and a Weber 26.5" Kettle that gets the most use.

Glad to have you here, you definitely sound passionate about it. This is the first I've really heard about a community BBQ club, besides online ones of course. Sound like a load of fun. You'll love The Pit here, and you're sure to pick up a thing or two from not only Meathead's articles but the rest of our great community of members here. Mythbusting, experience, the best gear and tools, etc.

Oh, and as promised on your bacon post...here's your homework assignment !

Comment

Hi and welcome to the Pit

Comment

Welcome aboard, sounds like you'll fit right in

Comment

Welcome to the pit. I hope you will enjoy this great bunch of guys and gals.

Comment

Hello DS welcome

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here