Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy from Carolfornia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from Carolfornia

My wife and I currently split our time between the left and right coasts hitting as many BBQ joints and competitions as we can. We are both KCBS judges. I learned to cook over fire from my grandfather in CA back in the late 1950's. He had what is now referred to as a "Santa Maria" style grill, back then it was just a pit. I've always preferred meat cooked over fire and/or smoke. Direct or indirect, It just tastes better. In our travels we've attended hundreds of cooking classes and demos, then tried most of them out at home. Many of them keepers, some not so much. Looking forward to continuing our education here... Life is good.

Welcome 5String! I'm another Californian, born and bred. I stay on one coast and reside in the OC!

Cheers,

Oskaar

Comment

Hello 5S nice to meet you!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit 5String! When you have a moment check out the Welcome and Tips threads here. They'll help you with filling out your signature. Again, welcome!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here