Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saying hi from New York City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saying hi from New York City

Finally decided to man up and start learning how to BBQ. Been reading almost everything here and must say very invaluable information. Being in NYC, it's not the best place to try and BBQ, but it can be done. So far have done a few rack of ribs and a Boston butt. Everything went off without a hitch thanks to this place.

Welcome gravedigga! Glad to have you in the community. We look forward to hearing about your cooks and maybe even some pics of your gear and your next couple of cooks.

When you get a minute, check out Pit Boss' Welcome channel on the main page as well as the Tips post, this will help you fill out your signature and learn how to post pictures the best way. Enjoy The Pit!

Comment

Welcome gravedigga! I've always wondered about how one grills/BBQs in NYC. I'm assuming it would have to be a rooftop thing? Sounds like you got a good spot picked out though! And you are right on the money about this site being loaded with invaluable information. Was in the same boat as you when starting out BBQing, found this site and just kept reading...

Comment

Hi there gravedigga! Welcome to the pit. I love NYC and go down there whenever I can. I'm from northern, NY straight up I87. While NYC is not the BBQ mecca, there are a few places that aren't so bad. Fette Sau, Blue Smoke, and Dinosaur BBQ are decent in my opinion. Anyway, look forward to reading your posts from the big town.

Comment

Hey GD WELCOME!

Comment

Thanks guys.

I have my own roof so that's pretty helpful. I have a Weber One Touch, the Smokey Joe Silver and an old Weber Spirit for when I get lazy. My main problem is not knowing what GREAT BBQ tastes like. I've been to Blue Smoke, Hill Country and Daisy May's. They've all been pretty decent to my Mid Atlantic palate, but nothing has blown me away. Will probably need to take a road trip soon!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Road trip to where? I personally recommend Austin ..... greatest Texas BBQ around is in and around Austin. Nothing better than Texas brisket or some smoked sausage! There's like 30 great BBQ joints in and around Austin, too. Then there's Memphis, or South Carolina, or Georgia (around Savannah is pretty darn good). Let us know all about it if you do it.

Meanwhile, if you keep following the recipes here, you are going to know what great BBQ tastes like! :-)

Comment

Welcome to The Pit gravedigga! Are you a DMB fan by chance? When you have a moment check out the Welcome and Tips threads here. They'll help you with filling out your signature. Again, welcome!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here