Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DrBearSec, here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DrBearSec, here

Hi all! Introducing myself yo the group. I'm a Chicago suburbanite, living about 45-3 hours from the city (depends on traffic). I work in Infosec as a consultant. I enjoy grillin and smokin year round. My current gear is a 30inch Masterbilt Electric smoker and Weber Gold Summit B. I am purchasing a Pit Barrel Smoker soon. Gear Id most like is a Primo XXL or even better, a Kamado Komodo. I like cooking steak and smoking brisket the best. I've used a few of the recipes on the site... The dry brine article has been especially enlightening. Thanks so much!

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit DrBearSec! 45 to 3 hr drive, wow that traffic must REALLY get congested

Thanks for your support here. You'll find a great community of folks here helping out and sharing techniques, tips, and best of all big bragging pictures! On that note...

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos!

Hope to hear & see more from you

Comment

Welcome Dr. You will like it here and it will take your "Q" to the next level and beyond. I look forward to your posts and pics.

Comment

Welcome, looking forward to seeing some good PBC results!

Comment

Welcome aboard Dr. Bear

Comment

Hi Bear welcome to the Pit

Comment

Thanks Everyone! Looking forward to it... Have used the site for a while on certain recipes but never dug in deep. As much as I like the recipes, the science proving or disproving certain beliefs is what I love (and some were things I fully believed like turning the steaks). Really love it!

Comment

Hello Doc B, Nice to meet you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here