Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member from Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member from Kentucky

Hi All,
    I just wanted to let everyone know how pleased I am to have discovered this forum since I am an amateur who only wants to try and get better, so I look forward to the help. Just so you know, since I am from Kentucky, I do still have most of my teeth and I do wear shoes/boots...most of the time.
    Presently gas grilling on a Weber Spirit 3 burner (Momma likes quick cooks on the gas) and just purchased a PBC a couple of weeks ago and I have already cooked ribs and chicken on it. I do have an adult son at home who has attended culinary classes and he is a big help much of the time, especially with food prep and sanitation.
    My favorite meats to smoke are ribs and butt (just can't beat pork IMHO) but I am always open to try anything at least once, and I like to grill steaks, burgers, chops and chicken.
    Even though I won't be of much help on the cooking side of things (which again is why I'm here), I would be glad to throw my bourbon critiques to those of you who are brave enough to indulge yourselves in the sweet brown sippage...which leads to bourbon drinking Rule No. 1, don't cut bourbon with anything stronger (or more melted) than ice.
    Again, looking forward to being here, and I hope I don't get scolded right off the bat for the above comment.

Hi Kentucky, welcome to the Pit

Comment

Welcome aboard KY... there is some great PBC info here. Lots of us have been assimilated. Some haven't, but they are still nice to us. LOL

Comment

Welcome Kybred! Glad to have you here. We're all on the quest to improve. With our powers combined, we...well, you get the idea.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos!

Hope to hear & see more from you

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Hey there KyB! Welcome

Comment

Welcome, Kybred. I don't agree, necessarily, with your Bourbon rule #1. I think many, or most, of the high/barrel proof bourbon needs a slight amount of water to temper it, which is why I prefer 80-90 proof whiskey which doesn't need water (or ice, for that matter). DEW

Comment

• smarkley
                smarkley commented
                Editing a comment
                I am with totally on that one, Dew.

I won't argue with your logic one bit Dew.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here