Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Chillin' n Negrillin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Chillin' n Negrillin'

Hi folks. We're from VA and love to cook. First of all our team name is based off of two (or is that 3) things that we love to do; Chill, Grill, and love Negril, Jamaica. And, of course, we learned to cook Jerk on our many trips there. We've become obsessed with cooking outside. We started on a gas grill, and like alot of things in our life, we realized that life (and cooking) were too fast. Nothing against gas grills as I used mine last night, but we started cooking on charcoal and noticed how if, done correctly, improves the flavor. Then, we were introduced to my cooking mentors, Mo Meat!. And they taught us smoking. Shortly thereafter, another friend introduced us to Amazing Ribs. Being somewhat of a scientist (?), I latched onto this site. Now, if I'm not smoking/grilling, I get the shakes. We currently use a simple Chargriller Gas/Wood/ smoker. It gets the job done (we've done well in competitions-KCBS- with it) and it fits our budget. Anyway, happy to be here.

Welcome C&N! Glad to have you here. Looking forward to hearing more about jerk cooking and about your successes at KCBS events!

When you get a minute, check out Pit Boss' Welcome channel and the Tips post there too, this will help you set up your signature as well as tips on posting pictures.

Looking forward to your contributions!

Comment

My wife and I spent part of our honeymoon in Negril earlier this year! Loved the jerk pork at Ossie's. The sauce was so not what I expected! My wife still gets a little dreamy eyed thinking about 3 Dives.
      You do realize that there's an online source for pimento wood, right?

Comment

Hey CnN welcome

Comment

Welcome to The Pit CnN! When you have a moment check out the Welcome and Tips threads here. They'll help you with filling out your signature. Again, welcome!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here