Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Portland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the pit!!!

Comment

EdF

Thanks for the suggestion. I've looked at them in the past but have not tried them Your use for dry aged steak is very interesting to me. The Bresaola I wrote about is essentially aged beef and I love it. I think the Umai bags are on my short list.

Joe

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Be sure to share your experiences. I've made Bresaola, but only the usual way - hanging for a good while in a ventilated porch. Not sure whether the bags will work for that, but the forums on the site would probably have something to say.

Santamarina

RE: Pastrami. I'm originally an east coast boy and although Italian I grew up eating lots of Corned Beef and Pastrami. When I got interested in smoking meats I read an article somewhere on the web to buy a piece of corned beef and instead of boiling it, smoke it and "presto-chango" it becomes Pastrami.

So I learned that both Corned beef and Pastrami start with the same step of "Corning", so named because in the old days most salt granules where stuck together in the size of corn kernels, smoke it and you have pastrami.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here