Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina

Comment

Newer myself. Welcome from Pittsburgh

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Maryland!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeandbarleybbq View Post
            First time using a forum like this. I joined because I am looking to start my own bbq catering company in my area. I’m looking for some feedback on what to look out for, ideas on how to simplify or better my bbq and help on finding quality product.

Hey Smokeandbarleybbq ! I just did that very thing in the last year and a half. The path up to that was just cooking a lot, then serving bigger and bigger parties for friends and things I cared about. Each step helped me learn how to cook really tasty barbecue, what types of pits I wanted to cook on (spoiler alert: Stickburners!!), and how to handle each size of cook/catering gig. Every new step larger and faster made me answer more of the questions you listed.

My suggestion to get some good fun and a ton of help out of this forum is to walk through your next cook/gig, and ask more specific questions/topics. Include lots of pictures. You will get great info from all the veteran home cooks on here, many of whom have cooked a bunch of large "gigs". They will direct you to many answers Meathead has already given on the main site, and you'll make the site richer by walking everyone else through your experience.

There are some folks who have done/are doing what you are, and we'll be glad to share insights about commercial catering with each of your steps.

Talk to you soon!

paul

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here