Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Canadian Lakes, MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaveS121
    commented on 's reply
    Temps aren't too high. The last couple of times I probably closed the vents too much and some of the coal went dead. Both times had to replenish after only a couple of hours and could see good coals still that had white ash on them. Using digital thermometer. I'm wondering if I'm putting too many coals to start. Temp spikes to 350+ when I first put coals in then close vents almost completely.

• DaveS121
    commented on 's reply
    Temps aren't too high. The last couple of times I probably closed the vents too much and some of the coal went dead. Both times had to replenish after only a couple of hours and could see good coals still that had white ash on them.

• JGo37
    commented on 's reply
    I'm trying to figure out the design for bolt-on clips, and if I could get them made. I remember the little Aussie Walkabout charcoal grill had one - I think that's at Lowes? I need to go look.

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Greetings from Colorado ...

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit! Lots of kettle folks here. Temp to high? close the vents, still to high? get some binder clips to seal leaks around the lid. Big thing to remember things happen slowly. Make an adjustment and give it 15 minuets. Are you using an accurate digital thermometer? Lots of help to be had here. Just ask.

Leave a comment:

• DaveS121
    started a topic Hello from Canadian Lakes, MI

Hello from Canadian Lakes, MI

Hello from Central Michigan. I've been a member since 2016 but only recently started posting. I also started smoking in 2016 and Meathead was one of the first books I purchased. The book and this website is by far the best I've found. I have both a 18" WSM and Weber Kettle. I love the WSM and have had excellent results. I have had issues with the kettle grill adjusting the cooking temps. Haven't given up on the kettle grill since it's easier to set up and clean for smoking small, short time items.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here