Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Chicagoland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome from southeast Michigan!

Comment

I drive into Chicago every day. I am a truck driver and run the rails. I am not a big fan of sous vide, but it is useful for less tender cuts of meat. Hit me up anytime. I would be happy to meet with you.

Comment

• bardsleyque
        bardsleyque commented
        Editing a comment
        where are you riding in your avatar

Welcome from Michigan!

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. Sure is fun getting a new cooker. Enjoy whatever you pick. Not quite a barbecue, but a Blackstone flattop is a lot of fun too.

Comment

Welcome from 🇨🇦

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Snoqualmie Wa

Comment

Welcome from the great State of Texas from a former Chi-town south sider !!

On your choice of a new cooker, ask yourself what it is you cook the most, how you like it finished (ie smokey, lightly smoked, grilled etc), what fuel you prefer using then fit the cooker to your needs.

I own five different cooks that I try to utilize by rotating based on what I want to cook and the net result. Personally if I had to choose one, it would be a 26” Weber kettle with an SNS. It has the widest range of multi tasking and fits into your budget with a few more extras to throw in.

Whatever your choice, good luck !!! And again welcome to the Pit. !!!

Comment

• GRW
                  GRW commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great input. I'm leaning to the Primo Oval Jr. I'm comfortable with the XL I have and this will give me the added versatility I'm looking for plus portability.

Hi, welcome to the PIT! My primary need is versatility in a cooker. Hence, my next big investment will be The Good-One Open Range. You may want to read the reviews on each of the Gold Medal Giveaways to get a sense of what you're personally looking for, and the features that are must-haves for you.

But even if you're just rubbing two sticks together to make a fire, put some meat on it.

Comment

• GRW
                  GRW commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I look at The Good-One in a local store. Very nice build.

To close the loop I purchased Primo Oval Jr.

Comment

Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome from north central Iowa.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here