Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member from San Diego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HC in SC
    replied
    Right on - I work with several people that own a BGE and they all love 'em. The only complaints are that they take too long to cool down from cooks - not a bad problem to have if you ask me!

A big Pit Welcome from the SC Lowcountry!

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit, Chris!

Leave a comment:

• The Burn
    replied
    Welcome Chris. You're right, this is fun forum and informative. Looking forward to your part in it.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit, CLHBGE! Sounds like you are quite the avid cook with a nice setup there.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos!

Hope to hear & see more from you.

Leave a comment:

• Deuce
    replied
    Hi Chris, welcome to the Pit

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    replied
    Welcome, Chris!

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Welcome to the pit !

Leave a comment:

• ChrisLovesHisBigGreenEgg
    started a topic New member from San Diego

New member from San Diego

Just found this site and it looks like a fun forum. Currently almost 64 years old, I've been an avid amateur chef for about 45 years. I've continuously worked to improve my craft by reading cookbooks, Internet research, TV cooking programs and a lot of practice and trial & error. Grilling and smoke BBQ has been a prominent part of my repertois for a long. My first smoker was a Brinkman water bath smoker probably 30 years ago. I graduated to a New Braunfels offset smoker that I used (and loved) until this past November when my wife surprised me with a Big Green Egg XL. It took me a couple tries to master the lighting and set-up, but I've used it quite a bit the last couple months and I am blown away by its versatility. I smoked a brined turkey in it for Thanksgiving that was fantastic and followed that up with a beautiful 20 lb. dry aged rib roast that was the best we have ever tasted. Then for a New Years party we made personal sized pizzas that were as good as most I've had at a restaurant. With the Egg at about 600 degrees the pizzas cooked in about 5 min. They were crisp, with a nice char on the edges and bottom and the toppings and cheese bubbly and perfectly browned. That kind of versatility is awesome. I also use a built-in Fire Magic gas grill that I love for its super hot sear burner, extra-wide back burner for great rotisserie and the high dome lid that accommodates turkeys on the spit. I look forward to continuing to learn from everyone on this forum.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here