Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newber from Montana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newber from Montana

Greetings all! I'm excited to be on the site. I have already learned a ton from the moderators and the members!

I've loved cooking since I was a kid. Even as a ten year old family would ask me to make Chocolate Chip cookies as mine came out the best. Now that I'm an adult I prolly cook 4 to 5 days out of the week. Not because my wife isn't a good cook (she is), but because I love to do it.

Travelling as a consultant, I was fortunate enough to end up in Texas where I found a love for Brisket. For the last two years I have been using a cheepo bullet smoker from World Market. It was a great learning experience and it solidified my appreciation for smoked meats. I quickly learned though, that committing 8 hours to stoking coals limits the number of opportunities which I have time to undertake this process. Therefore, just last week I bit the bullet and bought a CampChef DLX Pellet Smoker. I'm like a kid in a toy store! So far I have made a Pork Shoulder which was fabulous. As I type I have homemade Bacon on the smoker (thanks AR for the step by step walk through!). This weekend I will start working on my first BRISKET.

Thank you all for the insights which you provide on this site!

MTDreams

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

• MTDreams
      MTDreams commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks LAPB!

Welcome from Colorado! There are at least a few more Montanans around the Pit, one in Great Falls ... another in Missoula, and I spent a few years in Great Falls myself (many years ago).

Comment

• MTDreams
      MTDreams commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey 10 minutes and already a reply from a (former) Montuckian! I'm in the Gallatin Valley just outside of Bozeman. I did live in Southern CO for 3 years. It's a great state too!

Welcome! And thanks for all the fish!

Comment

• MTDreams
      MTDreams commented
      Editing a comment
      :-)

Wonder how thatCampChef will do with chocolate chip cookies. Waitin to see. Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

• MTDreams
      MTDreams commented
      Editing a comment
      Any suggestions to keep them from falling through the grates? ;-P

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Make them really big!

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Cookie sheets, or mebbe mats?
      Jus Sayin...

welcome from augusta, GA. glad to have ya and look forward to hearing and seeing what you smoke or cook

Comment

• MTDreams
      MTDreams commented
      Editing a comment
      Bacon pics coming soon!

Welcome to the Pit! Thanks for joining up! I was just out in Montana, this past June. What a wonderful state, you are very lucky to live there. The fishing was spectacular.

When you have a second, give this thread a once over. There is some important information for you. This information will ensure you get the most out of your experience here in The Pit.

Also, it's very important that you:
    • To check your email, go to User settings then the account tab.You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) Huskee with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]
    • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thank you for your support. We are excited to have you and we look forward to your contributions.

-Spinaker

Comment

• MTDreams
      MTDreams commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Spinaker. I will definitely check out the threads. That is a beauty btw. What river did you fish in MT?

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Madison, Missouri and Hylite reservoir. My buddy lives outside of Livingston, but the Yellowstone was blown out and not fishable. However, I am going back in September to hit the Yellowstone. MTDreams

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from southeast Michigan! Experiment without fear of failure (there's always carry out pizza if you mess something up), eat well, share your story!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome from Maryland.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
            Glad to have ya here, sure hopin ya'll stick around, enjoy th Learnin, an Fun!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from the Republic of Texas !! Good luck with that brisket !!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	563183E4-DDF5-4B4B-A05B-52E37F48EB9E.jpeg
Views:	123
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	534276
                And for you guys and your tiny little trouts above, get you some of these Texas size babies !!!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois. Enjoy the bacon! It is BLT season now.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here