Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flew 8000 miles to join!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flew 8000 miles to join!

Howdy all from tomorrow... well, your tomorrow anyway, if you're in the US

Daniel here from Auckland, New Zealand - 'long time lurker first time poster'.

I've had a medium BGE for near on 15 years and have always used it extensively, but after a fair few years of spending divorce-risking amounts of money on my watch collecting habit, I figured it was time to stop that and start spending divorce-risking amounts of money on a new barbecue habit!

Planning on some fairly major (to me) equipment upgrades, so I'm looking forward to the combined wisdom of the ages contained herein guiding me down the narrow road that leadeth not to disaster but to the golden(-brown) path of deliciousness.

All the best, chat soon.

P.S. some of my photos from New Zealand, for those who haven't been here.

Welcome!! Australia and New Zealand would be my 2 bucket list destinations. Australia for the cows and New Zealand for the stag.

Comment

Only 8000 miles?? Oh well ... welcome from Colorado, ahyhoo ... 😎 ...

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
        Welcome!! Australia and New Zealand would be my 2 bucket list destinations. Australia for the cows and New Zealand for the stag.
        50 years ago we had so many Red and Fallow Deer that the government had to organise mass culls of 10’s of thousands of them. You literally could barely walk in some parts of the SI west coast without running into a herd. Joys of having a grand total of zero large predators.

Comment

Beautiful! Welcome aboard. I am jealous of the beauty around you. I agree with Jerod, NZ is def a bucket list destination for me.

Since you’re new here, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
        1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us yourself since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe, if you’re a paying member. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. Click here to fill out an email change request, or email me at [email protected].
        2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members. (Paid members get automatic monthly entry, whereas Free Trial members or general public must enter manually.) We’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the pit!
          Cheers from Norway!

Comment

Welcome to the pit! I’d love to visit NZ some time. A big fan of the maori tattoos and the rugby.

Comment

I know that we're here to talk meat, but if any of you ever do come to New Zealand, I'd highly recommend spending some time on the water.

This is my mate Richard, at the Three Kings Islands (remote, north of NZ) a couple of months back. Got a few sea steaks off this one!

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
                Elton's BBQ commented
                Editing a comment
                I'd like to coldsmoke that that beast..

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Hahahahaha, this is awesome!

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome from Maryland.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                  Glad to have ya here!
                  Beautiful pics, mate!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Daniel.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! The photos are inviting.

Comment

Welcome! I would love to visit New Zealand. In the meantime, keep the pics coming!

Comment

Welcome from Texas. We love meat and we love fish so you come the the right spot !!!

We have a "condition" around here called MCS (multiple cooker syndrome). I believe you may have coined a new phrase for yourself called DRH (divorce-risking habit). So, doing the math I believe that DRH = MCS.

Now that we have satisfied the equation, get busy showing us your new acquisitions and resultant cooks !!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here