Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheers from Maryland!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers from Maryland!

Been using this site as a resource since 2011 and figured it was finally time to join in on the fun.
    I'd been casually grilling on my 22.5" Weber kettle since then, when it was stolen during the move to my new house in 2014. Fortunately for me, the previous homeowner gave me his 20 year old kettle with the house. That kept me grilling for the remainder of that summer and I stepped up to a Performer in 2015 and a 1st gen Slow 'N Sear shortly after. That's when I started dabbling in using a kettle to smoke ribs and that's when the spark was lit . I started getting a little more into using the kettle for more than just hot and fast grilling of the usual suspects, and learned (still learning) how to use it for longer cooks of whole chickens and ribeyes after smoking a few racks. Things started getting serious this spring when I upgraded from a Thermoworks ChefAlarm to a Smoke and a Lavatools Javelin to a Thermapen Mk4. If you can't tell, I tend to crack myself up a lot. Looking forward to talking with everyone here in the future about what you're doing and how you do it!

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
      Lookin forward to learnin along with ya, an from ya!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado!

Comment

Welcome from southeast Michigan!

Comment

Welcome from the Eastern Shore of Maryland.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	0EE4E6E6-F1D5-4BD5-A1EA-83423ED1EA81.jpeg
Views:	96
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	530715

Comment

• Thunder77
              Thunder77 commented
              Editing a comment
              Ohhhh yeah!

• phrogpilot73
              phrogpilot73 commented
              Editing a comment
              I miss very few things about living in MD (I grew up there), but this picture is definitely one of them. Even though I live on the Chesapeake Bay in VA, they just don't do crabs that way here.

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Crabs!

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from MN! Happy grilln'

Comment

I can’t tell, really. I think. Anyways, welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina

Comment

Welcome to the pit!
                    Cheers from Norway!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome. I recently joined also after using the site for several years. I've been grilling and smoking for decades, but I have learned a ton from these guys and gals here.

Comment

Welcome from a Cumberlander now in Wisconsin.

Comment

Welcome from the Baltimore Area!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here