Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello for Boston (15mi north at least)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello for Boston (15mi north at least)

Long time member, 1st time commenter. I've been cooking professionally for 30 years, I come from a restaurant and farming family. I've worked in and for James Beard award winners, but for most of my career I've been a pastry chef or running bakeries. So....I come home tired of baked goods and have dabbled off and on the past 15 years and getting more serious about bbq, maybe even start competing in the next few years with another like minded pastry chef friend of mine. I mostly cook on a 22" Weber charcoal, but also have a caja china for whole pigs and cooking for crowds, a propane vertical smoker, and cooking setup for my firepit. I'd like to get a true pffset pit someday, but until my kids' daycare stops sucking the money out of my hobby, I'll stick with upgrading my cheaper cookers.

Welcome! I lived in Ipswich for 12 years, and other Boston area places for nearly 20 before that.

Comment

• msgcook
      msgcook commented
      Editing a comment
      Grew up in central MA, but lived in Reading and now Wilmington for the past 15yrs.

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool. I lived in Winchester for almost 15 years, and worked in Burlington mostly. Not sure I'll ever live that down!

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome from Maryland.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Another welcome from Colorado!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from southeast Michigan!Enjoy!

Comment

Welcome from Nahant, MA. I saw my first Caja China pig roast last year, and it was awesome. Looking forward to getting more hands-on this August.

Comment

I can see why it took you over a year to say hi, almost. Your plate is full . Welcome, eat good & have fun.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here