Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memphis Dust -vs- Magic Dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memphis Dust -vs- Magic Dust

Hello from Coon Rapids, Minnesota! We’ve got about 12 weeks of decent weather here (I really want to move South!). I make the best of it though. Today, I smoked up three racks of ribs with two of them covered in Memphis Dust and one with Magic Dust. Made scratch baked beans and skillet corn bread too!

Sorry Meathead, but to my surprise, the Magic Dust won 7-1 with friends and family. Both were fantastic!
    Last edited by minnbrewer; July 8, 2018, 08:51 AM. Reason: The names are Dust, not Rub

For some reason...I can’t post my pics 😟

Comment

Post your magic rub recipe instead?

Comment

Welcome from Indiana.

Are you referring to Mike Mills Magic Dust?

Comment

• minnbrewer
          minnbrewer commented
          Editing a comment
          I am!

Yep, what is magic rub?

Comment

Howdy from Kansas territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
          Lookin forward to hearin more from ya...

Comment

Welcome to The Pit minnbrewer from Southern Minnesota!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

If he is talking about mike mills, here is the recipe
                  • 1/4 cup/60 mL kosher salt, finely ground
                  • 1/4 cup/60 mL sugar
                  • 2 tablespoons/30 mL mustard powder
                  • 1/4 cup/60 mL chili powder
                  • 1/4 cup/60 mL ground cumin
                  • 2 tablespoons/30 mL ground black pepper
                  • 1/4 cup/60 mL granulated garlic
                  • 2 tablespoons/30 mL cayenne

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. Post your rub when u get a moment, or confirm the mike mills above. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jgreen View Post
                      Welcome from Winnipeg. Post your rub when u get a moment, or confirm the mike mills above. Thanks.
                      yes, it’s the Mike Mills recipe. And of course we know about the Memphis Dust.

Comment

leol2 did you weigh this or just use a straight conversion to Metric? I'm not certain that mustard powder and other dry spices convert that way.

Which recipe was the original? American or Metric?

Comment

• holehogg
                          holehogg commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I hear you so recipes ideally should be by weight

• tdimond
                          tdimond commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Actually, you should be fine converting from mL to tbsp/tsp, etc., since you're going from volume to volume. Where HouseHomey is right is when going from volume to weight, since the spices have different densities.

The United States is the only place that regularly does recipes by volume. The rest of the world does it by weight.

• HouseHomey
                          HouseHomey commented
                          Editing a comment
                          tdimond I don't see how that's the case when we don't know how the recipe was written or where the conversion came in. Good is good though no matter how you slice it.

As the twig us bent somgrows the tree.

I made two perfect pork butts 8lbs each on the BGE ala meathead. made and used Memphis dust and wow! came out perfect.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Thanks for joining up! Great to have another Minnesotan among us! Don't move south, then you'll miss the seasons!

When you have a second, give this thread a once over. There is some important information for you. This information will ensure you get the most out of your experience here in The Pit.

Also, it's very important that you:
                          • To check your email, go to User settings then the account tab.You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) Huskee with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]
                          • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thank you for your support. We are excited to have you and we look forward to your contributions.

-Spinaker

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here