Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie from the Appalachian foothills of north Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome from another newbie....in Kansas.

Comment

• BobsBlowdownQ
      BobsBlowdownQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Leavenworth? They let y'all have smokers in there?...

• dmcneil
      dmcneil commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha....We have to bribe the guards.

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
    Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Welcome aboard.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. We all learn a LOT from each other.

Regarding ads: As other members have pointed out, the "Gold Medal Spotlight" shows producte we love, not third party paid ads coming from remote servers slowing page loads and being obnoxious promoting weight loss, mortgages, or other crap. MANY members have bought them and love them. You may not be aware but we pay Max to test grills and smokers full time. We also have an electrical engineer test thermometers. We consider recommending great products part of our mission. Please forgive me if I think my book is worth recommending. It has been highly praised.

In order to join, one must first go to this page which lists all the benefits to membership:
        https://amazingribs.com/information-...pitmaster-club

That page MUST be viewed before one can pay. Alas, not everyone reads it. Right near the top of the page it clearly says this (see attached screen shot):

----------------------
        When members are logged in they don't see paid ads from third parties on any part of the website. Third party ads come from remote servers and they slow the page load times. Without them the site runs faster! So no more bogus diet ads and no more mortgage come-ons! And members don't see ads for the Pitmaster Club either.
        --------------------

The way we tell your browser you are a member is with a snippet of code called a cookie. If you have told your browser to block cookies, we can’t stop the ads, so you must allow cookies for amazingribs.com. Also, if you switch to a different browser, or a different computer, or a smartphone, that browser has no way of knowing you are a member, so you will need to login once to get the cookie.

Once we tell your browser that you are a member, when you visit any part of AmazingRibs.com the cookie blocks third party ads from remote servers. It also removes the nagging reminders to join The Pitmaster Club. This significantly speeds up the display of the site.

meathead

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 4.18.55 AM.jpg Views:	1 Size:	89.2 KB ID:	526576

Comment

• BobsBlowdownQ
          BobsBlowdownQ commented
          Editing a comment
          A reply has a 400 character limit, so I sent a PM.

By the way, the book promo and the Spotlight are at the bottom of the page on a phone, and 50% of our readers view us on a phone so it isn't seen by most people.

Oh, one more thing on that page. We offer a 90 day moneyback guarantee so if you want a refund, at the bottom of this page there is a link that says "cancel my membership". No questions asked (although, even though I'm a Gator, I'd hate to see you go).
        Last edited by Meathead; July 4, 2018, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Welcome to the pit!
          Cheers from Norway

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here