Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Checking in from Springfield, IL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking in from Springfield, IL

Hello and thanks for bringing us this website. I've been reading the site for about a year and it's really gotten me excited about cooking in general. After reading the site I picked up a 22.5" Weber kettle with the Smokenator and a Party-Q. I've also got a Weber Genesis EP-330 gass grill. I don't have much experience with smokers, but it can't get much easier than the setup with the Smokenator and the Party-Q (and a good thermometer collection).

In the past year I've been able to use a number of techniques and recipes from this website (all with fantastic results). I've done steaks, ribs, pork butts, beef roasts, smoked chickens, a few of the BBQ sauces, and probably a few other things I can't think of. Everyone that tries any of it tells me I should do competitions. I just tell them how easy it is if you know what to do and point them to this website! I even gave my family jars of Mrs. O'Leary's Cow Crust and Meathead's Memphis Dust for Christmas this year.

The next thing I'd like to try is corned beef/pastrami, and my next piece of equipment is going to be The Good One's "The Open Range". Just need to find some extra time and money...

The community here seems to have a lot of experienced people. I'm looking forward to learning more and more. Thanks again!

Hi Remm, welcome to the Pit

Comment

Glad you have joined us! Welcome.

Comment

Welcome remm02! The Good One seems like a great choice in grill. You will be well armed for sure, you can even do some stickburning in that thing should the mood strike you.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos! Looks like you've already got your signature set up, nice job.

Hope to hear & see more from you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here