Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm new here but have cooking BBQ in Restaurants for over 50 Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new here but have cooking BBQ in Restaurants for over 50 Years

My name is Crazy Ed Chilleen and I have created some of the most unique restaurants in Arizona over the last 50 years. Not smart enough to quit we recently opened The Satisfied Frog in Rocky Point, MX. BBQ has been a mainstay on our menus and we started years ago with a 55 gallon drum and graduated to a Southern Pride Smoker. Our Rocky Point Restaurant features Fried Chicken and Wood Fired Pizza but we are installing a OLd Hickory Pit smoker at the end of this month. Brisket, Ribs and Pulled pork will be added to our menu. Check us out at http://www.satisfiedfrog.com

Hello Ed, Welcome aboard. Looking forward to learning your tips and tricks.

Comment

Has to be an interesting venture doing business in Mexico? Different world down there.

Comment

I am also a AZ resident and have eaten at some of your establishments, met you once about 10 years ago in Cave Creek. Glad to see you make it to the pit finally. welcome

Comment

Hi Ed:

Was introduced to Crazy Ed's (on Deer Valley Road) in 1976. That place was always fun (and a great meal).

Do you still have the Dixieland Band playing at the Satisfied Frog in Rocky Point?

I could never figure out how the gibberish menu always seemed to (correctly) end up in the hands of the people at the table who were the first timers.

Just looked up your history a few months ago, when Monti's closed. Lenny was a good friend from the 70s to the 90s, when he died. Michael just never seemed to have the heart for the restaurant, and now it's gone too.

Best of luck in your new venture, and welcome to the Pit.

Jim

Comment

Hi Ed welcome to the Pit

Comment

Welcome Ed, glad to have a seasoned pro like yourself here. We all look forward to your posts and what you can bring to the table (pun intended).

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos!

Hope to hear & see more from you.

Comment

Welcome, place looks great, though I don't think i'm allowed back in Mexico...

Comment

Welcome Ed. My brother lives in Mesa and Rocky Point is one of his favorite vaca spots. Good luck with the new business, I'll tell my brother to try it out next time he's there.

Comment

Welcome Ed... nice to have you and look forward to your input!

Comment

Welcome Crazy Ed... Wow... 50 years of cooking. You have probably forgotten more about cooking than I have ever learned. We look forward to seeing some of your cooks on your new smoker. Pictures are preferred. Some say if there are no pictures, it never happened. I clicked on your website and see that you fry your chicken in a pressure cooker. That's how the Colonel Sanders did it. Smart move. What cooking oil do you use these days. KFC is not what it used to be since they were forced to change their cooking oil. Good luck on your new venture.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here