Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Novice in Soth East Michigan!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Novice in Soth East Michigan!!!

I'm in! My daughter got me this membership as a Cmas present. Do I have great kids or what?

I'm Mark and I'm 54, live and work in South East Michigan, happliy maried for the last 32 years to Tamara. I found an affinity for southern foods during our many, many family vacations to the south. So when both kids moved out of the house a while ago, I found the time to take on a new hobby - 'Q.'

We still travel a lot and search out good Q. Last trip included Bob Sykes in Bessemer Alabama, The Joint in New Orleans, and Walts in Port Charlotte, Fl.

I've meen a Meathead Maven for quite a long time. The 'Last Meal' ribs article with recipes really gave me the courage to try this suff myself.

I'm looking forward to all y'all's good posts.

welcome and enjoy the ride it is wild and fun

Comment

Hi Mark, welcome to the Pit

Comment

Hey Mark. Please accept my formal welcome!

Comment

Hey Mark. Welcome! We'd love to see your review of all the restaurants you check out in our restaurant reviews channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
            Hey Mark. Welcome! We'd love to see your review of all the restaurants you check out in our restaurant reviews channel.

Got it, Dave. I've already entered a few. I'm still learning, but I'm starting to see the differences in how pork is prepared base upon the info on this site. Next trip is gonna ba Nashvill this February. Can't wait!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Mark! Michigan is tearing this place up. Jon & I hail from the big M as well as many others.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos!

Hope to hear & see more from you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here