Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glad to be here from SW MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to be here from SW MI

Richard here, from SW Michigan by way of North Carolina. After 30+ years of living in NC, my job relocated me to MI.
    Nothing like grilling and smoking in all 4 seasons of the year! Not sure I got that in NC.

I do whole hogs and have a whole hog comp team in NC and cater whole hogs for parties in MI. I use a gas cooker with and exterior smoke box made by BQ grills. She’s my big baby. Pig’s On!

For home grilling and smoking, my workhorse has been my 22.5” Weber Kettle Grill. Probably the best $80 I spent eight years ago. I have done everything from ribs, shoulders, butts, prime rib, steaks, pastrami, chicken, veggies and brats on it. About 4 years ago I built my own UDS and used it quite a bit for a year. The more I used the Weber the more I learned how to smoke with it. The UDS was been moved to the shed.

Recently I won a contest with McCormick Grillmates #MasterofFlames and had an XL Big Green Egg delivered to the house on Halloween. The Weber has been feeling left out, but is not forgotten. Have a lot to learn with the Egg. Once I figure out how to control the fire for all situations the Egg will be as diverse as the Weber Kettle.

Love the Amazing Ribs site and visit often for advice from Bacon to Pastrami to Rubs to Cures to equipment to the science behind the recipes and techniques. Both Meathead and this site have been mentors for the last 3 years. Thank you!!

Glad to be here and ready to continue to build my techniques and knowledge base!!

Tonight's Grill: Grilled Loaded Baked Potato Soup and Grilled Portabellla Bisque

Hey Pigs, Welcome. Glad to have another MI guy on board!

Comment

Welcome aboard Richard! Great name! Looking forward to your BBQ contributions. You'll enjoy it here in The Pit. Great bunch of guys and gals sharing BBQ love!

Comment

Hi Richard, welcome to the Pit

Comment

Welcome POR! Michigan folk are filling up the interwebs here at The Pit.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos!

Hope to hear & see more from you.

Comment

A bit Pit welcome from the Charleston, SC area!

Comment

Welcome to Michigan and the Pit POR! Also a new member from SW Michigan. The grilled potato soup sounds great - you'll have to post a recipe!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here