Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Eastern Canada!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey welcome. Good to see a fellow Nova Scotian on the site!

Comment

• Xandera_7
      Xandera_7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

• Xandera_7
      Xandera_7 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in Halifax too... Where do you get your meat?

Depends on prices and what I want. I get my briskets from Chaders meats in Dartmouth as well as two boys smoke house. I’ve also found the at Atlantic wholesalers in Halifax, they have two packs for a good price. They also sometimes have pork belly’s. Pete’s have brisket as well but I find it really pricy. Pork butts I get at chaders meats as well as the superstore. You find any good deals around for brisket?

Comment

• Xandera_7
      Xandera_7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Brisket is what I am after. It isn't easy to find around here. I will definitely check Wholesalers. The only place I have shopped for fresh meat is at a butcher shop called Getaway Farms in the Hydrostone Market. They have great meat. I always get my pork butt there. They do have brisket there but I don't know the price on it.

I’ve been into getaway in hydro stone. And the briskets pricy and they are only small. Your best bet is chaders meats or the wholesale. Not sure I’d the wholesaler has them all the time tho

Comment

• Xandera_7
      Xandera_7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the tip!

No problem. Any thing else you need to find for smoking let me know. I’ve pretty much found everything needed around here that you need to or want to smoke

Comment

• Xandera_7
      Xandera_7 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm using a pellet smoker. Know any local places that sell pellets? I have only found Lumbermart so far. Tried a few places but none seem to stock them....

Huntington Beach welcomes you. As soon as you locate that brisket you CAN have that Texas BBQ you are looking for.
    Last edited by HouseHomey; June 3, 2018, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Welcome to the pit lots of good information here, I was born in New Glasgow but I grew up in southern Ontario. I enjoy visiting NS and I like the Glen Brenton single malt Canadian whiskey.
      Brisket is hard to find around here and expensive when you do find it. I have found chuck roast smoked can be almost as good.

Comment

Costco has treager pellets in stock right now around 20 $ a bag (Dartmouth ) I was in to get a few the other day. I sometimes buy the cookinpelletts 40lb bag on amazon. There about 44$ shipped and find them good. Also if you get up to Truro warmth by design carries a few different kinds the have GMG and a few other brands. Also there’s was a pool and spa place in Bedford that carried treager stuff too. I forget the name of it tho

Comment

• Xandera_7
          Xandera_7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good to know! Thanks!

Howdy, Eastern Canada! Hi from Summerville, SC!

Comment

Greetings from Houston. I’ve recently been reading up on Eastern Canada. Halifax, St. John’s, Bay of Fundy. Hope to travel up there some day.

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            You might consider the ferry from Portland, or even Bar Harbor (which is near the amazing Acadia National Park).

• Obi-Dan
            Obi-Dan commented
            Editing a comment
            EdF Acadia is on my list of National Parks to visit. My wife and I are planning on buying an RV once the daughter gets out of college and try to hit as many National Parks as we can.

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Good stuff, Dan!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here