Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from CA

Hello. My wife indirectly got me this subscription for Christmas. I got her perfume and 49ers pjs and she told me to go on a bbq shopping spree! Well of course along with my gloves, rib rack, frogmat, etc. I had to also join the pitmaster club! Anyways I got tuned in to smoking/bbq somehow 6or so months ago. I did a bunch of reading and research and eventually decided a weber kettle was going to be my goto grill! I looked for a while for a deal (end of season maybe?) on a weber gold but no luck. Finally I find an open box model at lowes. Wait a week or two to finally bite. Get it home excited for the first smoke but the box is missing a leg! Can't really cook on a leaner. Took it back and somehow managed to score the display model for the same price! ($50 off)! And it was prebuilt! Anyways I've been exclusively doing the snake method and it's working pretty good. I've done ribs, butt, tri tip, fatty, abts. They've come out pretty good but I wu definitely be asking questions very soon!

Welcome aboard tucker

Comment

Sorry about the single paragraph. Not sure why that happened.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit, tucker! Glad you got rid of the leaner and scored a good deal on a 3-legged kettle. I think fashioning a wooden leg would've been fun, and made for some cool pictures here in The Pit!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos!

Hope to hear & see more from you.

Comment

FYI - this site doesn't like iOS and will ignore paragraph spacing if you are in an iPad / iPhone - Pit Boss said it is a known issue and they are working with IT to get it fixed.

Anyway - a big Pit welcome for the Charleston, SC area!

Comment

Hey there tucker. WELCOME

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here