Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Northern Virginia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome from Minnesota!

Comment

Welcome from Cape Cod, Massachusetts!

Comment

Welcome Robnbill

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. You have come to the right place.

Comment

Welcome from The Bull City! I grew up in Stafford, VA and still get up to NOVA on occasion.

Comment

Welcome from down the road in Fairfax Station!

Comment

Welcome from Iowa.

Comment

I am also in Northern Virginia (Hello neighbor), and also own a RecTec (RT-680). Welcome!

Comment

Welcome from Frederick MD! Lurk away but post from time to time.

Comment

Welcome from Sterling, Va!

Comment

Howdy from nearby Lorton, VA. Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Thanks to all. A quick update, my RecTec Bull (RT-700) is amazing. I have really enjoyed cooking on it and am glad I went with 1) a Pellet Smoker, and 2) RecTec. During one of my first cooks I had a question and called their regular number. Then I noticed it was after hours and rather than call their after hours support, I just hung up and probably found the answer on this board. Anyway, the next day I get a call from RecTec. Seems they follow up on missed calls, regardless of whether you left a message or not. Just to make sure you got your answer.

I did have a flaky control board that would give erroneous readings on the food probes. After a call to them they had a new board and probes (just in case it was them) right out to me. The Bull has a modular design so if any part breaks, you can get a new one and install it yourself.

Now I can start the grill from my kitchen as I am getting the food read to go onto it. I can track the cook, change temperatures, set alarms from anywhere as long as I have my phone. It is a guilty pleasure to be able to actively monitor and control my cook from my bedroom. I almost feel guilty but I have quickly gotten over that.

As an aside, the USPS is going to hate me. RecTec sells their pellets on Amazon with free shipping and two day delivery. So my postal carrier ends up carting 40 pound bags of pellets to my door as I need them!

Thanks again to everyone. I am looking forward to much more advice as I travel down this road.
                          Last edited by Robnbill; July 16, 2018, 11:05 AM.

Comment

It's always great to hear people are happy with their cookers - congrats.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here