Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hello from the garden state NJ.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello from the garden state NJ.

just signed up and looking for advice ,friends etc. My name is Jon , I am early 50's and I have both a Big Green Egg and Napoleon prestige pro 500 (gasser). What should I add next?

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to the pit Jon! Glad to have you. Well, if you have the BGE and a Napoleon gasser I think the Pit Barrel Cooker would be the next logical choice. But then again, there are so many grills to choose from.

Since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit! It is great to have you. Thank you for the support.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
          Glad yer here with us, now!
          Next thing I'd add would be meat...lots of meat!

Comment

Welcome aboard from Rockland County N.Y.
            depending on your budget and if you may be considering a stick burner check outhttp://mobile.dudasite.com/site/lone...referrer=#2712

Comment

• Jon Liebers
              Jon Liebers commented
              Editing a comment
              hi Steve, man those are some nice grills/smokers.

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes indeed they are Jon.
              where about in Jersey are you?

• Jon Liebers
              Jon Liebers commented
              Editing a comment
              bridgewater, NJ

Welcome from Colorado, Jon ...

Comment

Welcome Jon. Fellow Jerseyman here.

Comment

• Jon Liebers
                Jon Liebers commented
                Editing a comment
                Bridgewater NJ

Welcome to The PitJon. As for what's next, what do you lie to cook, or learn to cook? And how many people will you be cooking for?

You can't go wrong with a Weber Kettle with a Slow N Sear - either 22" or 26".

Comment

• Jon Liebers
                Jon Liebers commented
                Editing a comment
                that's what I was thinking. I generally cook for small group 4-6 sometimes less. Want to cook on something where I can easily utilize two zones. Honestly two zones on the BGE is slightly a pain.

Add what you like to cook. And welcome!

Comment

• Jon Liebers
                Jon Liebers commented
                Editing a comment
                that's pretty cool. but looks like would be tough to have enough right sized logs always available also reminds me a little of a gravity fed box,any experience with those?

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                No experience with a gravity feed. For the logs, we cut them short with a miter saw, and then I use a Kindling Cracker to bring them to an appropriate width. Our Uuni Pro pizza oven takes pretty much the same size, so it's all good.

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                It doesn't consume a lot of wood to get the job done.

Welcome from Maryland.

Comment

Welcome to the pit! The Big Green Egg is my cooker of chores, too.

Comment

• Jon Liebers
                  Jon Liebers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  BGE Large here for last 4 years! that's what started this for me. love the egg ! just interested in expanding my horizons for fun.

How much money do ya have. Let me know & will figure something out. Welcome aboard, eat good and have fun!

Comment

• Jon Liebers
                  Jon Liebers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  less than I want but a little more than I need. Nothing crazy. I have a large BGE , and just bought the Napoleon gasser for $2000 for the wife . so generally in that area but could also be fun to have a weber kettle?

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ooooohhhh you’ll love the Napolean. I like how you pit it in "getting the gasser for your wife". Eh, eh, eh, MCS. 👍

Welcome from south jersey,

Comment

Welcome Jon! Thanks for joining up, I'm sure you'll love your trial membership and hope you decide to stay with us. I'm With RonB & Henrik both- for a few hundred bucks a PBC or a Weber kettle + SnS are both great options to round out your arsenal. Stickburners are fun too (but lotsa work) if that's up your alley.

Comment

• Jon Liebers
                    Jon Liebers commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Pbc?

• Jon Liebers
                    Jon Liebers commented
                    Editing a comment
                    also any hastybake fans?

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Jon Liebers Sorry, Pit Barrel Cooker

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here