Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freediving BBQ Guy from Plantation FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freediving BBQ Guy from Plantation FL

Hey everyone,

I've been using this site for a while now and final figured out I should support it via the pit master club.

I started getting serious about BBQ around 2013, which was when I got my Big Green Egg, only smoker i've ever worked with.

I had always had a webber grill and loved to grill out but there was always something mystical and magical about smokers. I didn't really know what they were, they seemed like a hassle but I always came a running when my brother cooked something on the smoker.

Anyway I got an egg from Culinary Concepts in Fort Lauderdale. Every Sunday the egg head customers congregate at the store and bring in and cook food for the culinary concpets customers on the stores eggs, and store has keg beer! So every Sunday I wasn't working I would be in there trying to learn from the guys that had been doing it longer. After a couple of months I was getting the hang of it.

I went to myron mixon BBQ school in March of 2013 and it was a blast.

I'm a professional freediver (those guys that hold their breath a long time and dive really deep) and run a business teaching people how to do what I do. www.Immersionfreediving.com

Not a lot of freediving BBQ guys out there they are mostly eating twigs, berries and busy meditating.

Anyway forum looks great and looking forward to learning from everyone and helping out if i can.

Turkey was straight from amazing ribs... was great!

You can see lots of my BBQ and freediving photos @ http://instagram.com/ImmersionFD

Looking forward to trying pastrami in coming weeks, of course following the amazing ribs reciepe.

Ted
    Last edited by ImmersionFD; January 8, 2015, 11:11 PM.

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome, Ted. All of the food in the pix looks great! DEW

Comment

Welcome Ted! Glad to meet ya.

Comment

Hi Ted, welcome to the Pit

Comment

Welcome, food looks great. I used to try free diving when I lived in Hawaii, could never stay down as long as I wanted because it was so awesome down there so I moved over to tanks.

Comment

Right on - your rig and products from it look great!

A big Pit welcome from the SC Lowcountry!

Comment

Welcome Ted, your pics look great! Sounds like you have a good mastery over that Egg of yours. Nicely done!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos!

Hope to hear & see more from you

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here