Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Upstate NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Familypitmaster
    replied
    Thanks for the welcome- from Niskayuna NY, near Albany. I'll do my homework later. Always was a procrastinator. I also use store bought corned beef flat in about that same 4lb range. Find nice solid pieces they cut a lot easier when they're done. My son especially loves it (along with everyone else) turns out great using the site recipe. After smoking, need to steam it for quite a few hours to get it tender. It is a brisket after all

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    That's what I do DEW, I can get corned beef flats for $5-something/lb here, around the 4lb range. Perfect if you ask me. Saves so much time and hassle.

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    I was just checking out MH's pastrami recipe last night. The GF loves pastrami and we can't get anything good out here. I might start with a commercially made corned beef point the first time, though, to keep the time factor down a bit.

DEW

• Huskee
    replied
    Welcome FPM! Pastrami is one of my favorite recipes here.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos!

Hope to hear & see more from you

Leave a comment:

• Deuce
    replied
    Hi and welcome to the Pit

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Hey FP Welcome

Leave a comment:

• W.A.
    replied
    You will gain a lot of information on the PBC here. There is a section under charocoal cookers devoted to the Pit Barrel.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    replied
    Welcome, Family Guy. Where in upstate are you?

Leave a comment:

• Familypitmaster
    started a topic Hello from Upstate NY

Hello from Upstate NY

Hello. Pleasure to join and meet all of you. Have read Amazingribs for quite a while now and try to tell anyone who even mumbles the word bbq all about the site. It is so complete and well done there is nothing like it. I already have used a number of the techniques and recipes. I frequently quote from the Book of Meathead. I have been making bbq for quite a number of years and I'm learning all the time. The site helps my learning curve. Ribs, brisket and pulled pork mostly, but also pastrami from the recipe on the site. Have mostly done the work indirectly on a Weber kettle, but as the extended family and the kids in it got bigger I needed more volume. 15 pounds of ribs needed to be 30. Now I've been using a Pit Barrel Cooker that I saw advertised on the site and it works great. I am looking forward to reading everyone's posts, learning a little bit and having fun along the way.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here