Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Lompoc, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Lompoc, CA

I am a farmer in Lompoc who grows veggies like lettuce, broccoli, and cauliflower. I specialize in the best artichokes. We have bred and introduced new meaty varieties both red and green. My ranch is next to Vandenberg AFB. NASA just did their launch to Mars, the first from the west coast. SpaceX is busy here.

I have a wood pizza over and a propane BBQ. Pizza parties are fun.

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Nice. Artichokes are great on pizza. Welcome to the pit.

Comment

Howdy from the Great State of Jefferson! My old boss recently retired as the Fire Chief of Lompoc City. One of the best I worked for and a lifelong friend. Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            Kurt Latipow, he retired about a year ago.

• Artichoke Steve
            Artichoke Steve commented
            Editing a comment
            I know Kurt. He was in my Rotary club. Too bad about his back.

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            I talk to him regularly and his most recent surgery was very successful. He and Gail bought a 5th wheel and they make 10 hr trips to see kids and friends. He says he's a little stiff and sore after that, but who wouldn't be.

Always wanted to meet someone named Arty Choke. Welcome aboard, eat good and have fun! Vegetables are good for you.

Comment

Welcome from Altadena Artichoke Steve ! We are frequent visitors to Lompoc, both for Vandenberg and for the wine! I got my favorite wood burning grill from Tom King in Lompoc (Buckaroo Chunk Wood Grills).

Comment

Welcome Artichoke Steve

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from California!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina!

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. You grill some of those artichokes? Bet they come out great.

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you and you green things!

Comment

Welcome Artichoke Steve from Minnesota. We grow mostly corn and soybeans around here with a little Sweet Corn and Peas on occasion. I hope you post some artichoke recipes for us!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here