Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy from H-Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from H-Town

I joined the pit a few weeks ago but waited till I actually owned some cooking equipment to introduce myself. Admittedly, it hasn't arrived yet, but I can now say I'm officially gonna be cooking on the Broil King Keg 5000. It's not the biggest and baddest, but it's still a hefty investment for me, and I plan on it becoming an extention of my arm. I went ahead and got myself a diffuser kit and a Thermoworks smoke as well. My primary goals will be seeking out the perfect brisket, and chicken thigh (I will produce crispy skin or die trying da***t.) I'm also gonna be experimenting with ethnic rubs and sauces. I'd love to hear about people's experiences with the BKK5000, and I'm open to tips and very interested in seeing mods and adjustments 'cause I love that type of thing. Glad to be part of the pit, and Ill see y'all around!

Wrlcome to the Pit brother! We need pics of that cooker. Someone in here can help I'm sure!

Comment

• hummelj
      hummelj commented
      Editing a comment
      As soon as It gets in, and I get it set up, you got it.

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
    Glad to have ya here!

...I'm officially gonna be cooking on the Broil King Keg 5000. It's not the biggest and baddest...
    Learnin yer cooker is exponentially more important than how, big, cool, or expensive it is...
    (Ya can make great food on any cooker!)

Cookin tons of proteins, etc., until ya know its tricks will definitely expedite
    it becoming an extention of my arm.
    Great intro, lookin forward with interest to yer adventures, Amigo!

Comment

Hey guy, welcome to the Pit from Katy!!! You’ve come to the right place !!

Comment

Whew, joining the Pit, then gettin yer gear! That’s amazing. Well you will find this is thee right place to be for what yer aiming to accomplish. Welcome aboard, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome hummelj

Comment

Welcome to The Pit! I am a new comer myself, just joining today. Looking forward to learning all I can, and hopefully having enough knowledge to actually share back one day!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! The rule here is ask and you shall receive the tip you need.

Comment

Welcome from the Galveston area brother!

Comment

• hummelj
                        hummelj commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm league city myself.

• lonnie mac
                        lonnie mac commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Bacliff here!

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. Sounds like you have a great start on equipment, but this site will leave you wanting more.

Comment

Welcome from central New York!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here