Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Massachusetts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Massachusetts

First off, I would like to thank AmazingRibs for helping me improve my outdoor cooking abilities. I have used this site for many techniques that had everyone questioning it while watching but raved about while eating (e.g. the reverse sear). I have also bought my bear paws, charcoal chimney and Maverick thermometer because of this site.

Right now I am cooking with a hand-me-down Char-Broil Commercial 4-Burner, and a Weber One-Touch Gold 22.5" that I recently found, fairly new and cheap at a garage sale. I have only used my Weber with the 2-zone setup to smoke a Pork Butt a few times and am just getting the temperature handling enough to try Last meal ribs for the first time soon. I'll let you know how that works. The pulled pork with MMD came out awesome and the Grown-up Mustard Sauce was great for dipping.

Growing up in New England in an Irish Catholic house, I grew up on Corned Beef dinners, but we always had store bought. Your recipe for homemade corned beef was so good, I will never go back to store bought. I haven't tried smoking it yet, (like I said above, I am just getting the used to the temperature on my Weber) but the boiled dinner and hash has come out great every time.

Thanks again for everything you guys do, and keep up the good work.

Steve

Welcome to The Pit Steve! It sounds like you're quite well read regarding the AmazingRibs site. When you get a chance, please take a moment to read my "Welcome and Guidelines from the Pit Boss" and "Forum Tips and Techniques" threads located here. You'll especially like Tip #1 which describes how to fill out your signature. Again, Welcome and we look forward to seeing you around!

Comment

• Steve.o103
      Steve.o103 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for showing me that link. I have updated my signature with my list of equipment.

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfect. Thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here