Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New from Alabama - A present from my wife.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New from Alabama - A present from my wife.

Hello all,

My wife got me this membership for a Christmas present and I have enjoyed it immensely. I used the ham wet cure recipe and about to use the bacon one. I gave the hams out as Christmas gifts and they were hits everywhere; even a "vegetarian" took a small bite and said that if meat was like this she would eat more of it. The interesting part is every piece of pork I use is Alabama Wild (Feral) Boar (Hog). My work allows me to get between 350 and 600 wild hogs a year and comparing the taste to domestic with cooking and curing methods has been quite interesting. My 3 and 7 year old little girls love it. Well, I hope to learn more.

Dana
    Last edited by auburnwildlife; January 6, 2015, 11:38 AM.

Welcome, that is a lot of boar!

Comment

Hello Dana. Glad to have you.

Comment

Right on - those feral hogs do some major damage! Nasty bastids they are!

A big welcome from the SC Lowcountry!

Comment

Welcome Dana! There's been a few folks talking about feral hogs. Be sure to share your recipes or techniques in the Wild Game channel, if you have any you'd like to share.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos!

Hope to hear & see more from you.

Comment

Welcome and thank your wife for the support.

You do any research with respect to wild hog and whitetail deer interactions, or lack thereof????

Comment

Hi Dana , welcome to the Pit

Comment

Welcome Dana

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here