Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy from the Houston area!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from the Houston area!

Background lurker, first time poster! My fella and I are recovering after Hurricane Harvey and are still in the process of rebuilding our home. We are doing the work ourselves so it is a slow process and our inside kitchen for the last few months has been an induction burner, an Instant Pot, and a roaster. Luckily, that means more grilling and smoking outside!! In addition to the usual meal stuff, I've cold smoked some cheddar, made a couple of batches of bacon (OMG!), and finished up this pastrami this evening! I thought it time I roll myself off the couch and say "Hello!" and thanks for all the wisdom!!
    Looking forward to learning more and more!
    Stacy
    Click image for larger version

Name:	31944281_10213621721435837_1298787957007712256_n.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	495179

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
    So very glad to finally make yer acquaintance, amiga!
    Jump on in, git involved; looks like ya got some great food to share! :

Comment

• Spitts57
      Spitts57 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Mr. Bones! I am looking forward to the ride!

Welcome from Colorado, Stacy ...

Comment

• Spitts57
      Spitts57 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks so much!!

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

• Spitts57
      Spitts57 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Nate! Not sure I've ever been to Pawnee...

Well howdy howdy howdy from the Bacliff area down Galveston way! For the last 8 months we too have been rebuilding. One room at a time. It IS a very slow process buy ourselves isn't it! We too LOVE our instant pot. Between that, the ole Coleman stove, the grills and Brutus Ten to heat the water, we have done very well over these months!

Welcome aboard friend!!

Comment

• Spitts57
      Spitts57 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks so much, Lonnie! Hugs to you and yours in the Harvey Recovery! It is an adventure, for sure!

Welcome to the Pit! Thanks for joining up!

When you have a second, give this thread a once over. There is some important information for you. This information will ensure you get the most out of your experience here in The Pit.

Also, it's very important that you:
    • To check your email, go to User settings then the account tab.You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) Huskee with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]
    • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thank you for your support. We are excited to have you and we look forward to your contributions.

-Spinaker

Comment

Welcome from the Jersey Village area. Sorry to hear you’re still in Hurricane Harvey recovery mode. You’ll find comfort and friends here.

Comment

• Spitts57
        Spitts57 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks so much!! Enjoying the adventure!!

Well look at you and that delicious pastrami, nice intro offering!! Always glad to welcome a fellow Houstonian !!!

Comment

• Spitts57
        Spitts57 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks so much! IT's fun to have something we can do in between "projects".

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

• Spitts57
        Spitts57 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Mr. Bacon! I'm from Lawrenceville, IL originally!!

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

• Spitts57
        Spitts57 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks so much!! Looking forward to it!

Welcome to The Pit Stacy. That's a great lookin' hunk o' meat.

Comment

• Spitts57
        Spitts57 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! I really enjoyed the process and feel like I accomplished a feat!!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here