Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie from Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from Utah

Hello everybody!

I have been grilling for some time and after reading meatheads book, the wrong way. For the past several years I have been letting the thought of entering into competition barbecue grow in my mind and now it’s exploding out of my ears. So I went and bought a marshal ‘the good one’ smoker and already entered in the competition without even lighting a fire in it yet. 😬 I figure if I wanna do this might as well jump in with both feet... right? So now I spend my days reading books watching videos on the subject and coming to places like this so I can be ready... after all, I do have three months. I even registered for a KCBS judges class in Kansas in a few weeks, this bug has bit me something fierce. I plan on cooking as much as possible and learning as much from you fine folks as I can. Anyway, glad to be here!!

Rusty
    Salt Lake City, UT

Welcome Hayduke

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
      Yer on th right Fast Track, in yer pursuit of knowledge.

Lemme be th first to advocate runnin some cooks through that cavernous beast, pre-comp...

Comment

• Hayduke
        Hayduke commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol! Thanks my man
        Last edited by Hayduke; April 14, 2018, 04:46 PM.

Welcome from Colorado, Rusty! Way back in the very early 80's, I'd have said "welcome from Kaysville" ...

Comment

• Hayduke
        Hayduke commented
        Editing a comment
        Ahhhhh ya Kaysville!

Welcome to the pit Hayduke! Wow, you sure are getting both feet wet! What the heck, what could possibly go wrong? ;-)

Either way, I think most of us are bitten by the same bug.

Since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

• Hayduke
        Hayduke commented
        Editing a comment
        Homework done! Thanks for all the info!!

Welcome to your journey into the Pit!
      Last edited by LA Pork Butt; April 15, 2018, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Whoa, the dude contracts MCS before cooking nirvana. Congratulations & welcome aboard, eat good and have fun!
          Last edited by FireMan; April 15, 2018, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• Hayduke
            Hayduke commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks!! 😁

Welcome from just up the hill in Ogden Valley

Comment

• Hayduke
            Hayduke commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice! Maybe we will run into each other in a competition

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you Utah.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, sounds like you are on the right track!

Comment

Hayduke, Welcome to the "PIT CLUB"❗️
                  You Are Now Enrolled in the BBQ UNIV.❗️
                  Attendance and Participation are Mandatory❗️
                  Enjoy the "PIT CLUB"‼️
                  You May Want to Post a General Call For Help and Info in the Posts by CandySueQ (a Competitive Smoker)❗️ There are Several BBQ Judges Who are Members of The "PIT CLUB"❗️ I Am Sure All Will
                  be Glad to Take You Underwing❗️ Todate, I've Only Competed Twice (No Win Show or Place❓) But My Wife and I Had More Fun That Should be Legal‼️
                  Eat Well and Prosper❗️ From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Hayduke
                    Hayduke commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Awesome! Thanks man!

• Danjohnston949
                    Danjohnston949 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hayduke, You're Welcome❗️ You Will Also Find Links to Competition Cooks on the Home Page for This Site‼️ Dan

I am sure you will find this a step up from JDawgs but I do like that hot dog!

I always recommend starting with pulled pork...a Boston Butt is very forgiving. Dry brine and then lay on the Memphis Meat rub. As long as you cook it till you hit the right internal temp it seems to turn out great. Don't forget to pick up a pair of bear claws to help with the shredding.

Don't be afraid of the brisket. People act like it is very difficult but I have never had a failure. I do buy the best brisket I can find and maybe being in Houston I am spoiled that way.

Good luck!

Comment

• Hayduke
                    Hayduke commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ya but JDawgs PG 13 is my jam! Funny, I am terrified of brisket. I will have to cook up a few and ease the anxiety

• fracmeister
                    fracmeister commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No brisket before pulled pork. Trust me, in Utah you can get hero status with pulled pork sliders

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here