Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
    Sure am glad ya joined us here, jump right into th Fun!

Comment

Welcome to the pit Kevin Barrie !
      Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome from Texas !!! Good to have you on board. You have that Scotch thing down, pair that with good barbeque and you'll be a winner !!! Good luck !!

Comment

I'm glad you started "Hi from Scotland" - that way I knew to understand nothing you wrote after that.

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

• OneEyedJack
            OneEyedJack commented
            Editing a comment
            You beat me to it!

Welcome Kevin Barrie

Comment

Welcome, from Minnesota. Cheers!

Comment

welcome from across the other side of the pond in Georgia glad to have ya....cheeeeers

Comment

Welcome to The Pit! We are happy to have you.

Comment

Originally posted by MeatMonster View Post
                  Welcome from Aberdeenshire! Great to have a fellow Celt.

How do you get on with the Scottish Angus? Can be a bit lean for smoking purposes, especially if it is just finished on grain or purely grazed. Getting a couple of Wagyu briskets from a local breeder tomorrow excited to see how they turn out (see the attached leaflet). He is coming round to sample the product too, so I can find out if he can ship!

Where do you get your meat from? Opening my own smokehouse in October so always interested to hear of good suppliers \ sources for Scottish produce.

Cheers and may your smoke always be blue!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.jpg Views:	1 Size:	129.0 KB ID:	481221
                  Hi there I am originally from Forfar and my Wife is from Fraserburgh but now we are in West Lothian.

Aberdeen Angus I normally just have steaks and dont Smoke it, to be honest I am very new to the Smoking and got myself a ceramic egg smoker last year so working my way through trying ribs etc.

Mostly been getting from local butchers but they are no great at supplying BBQ typical cuts so I have been getting online from Campbells Meats.

I am also interested in the Wagyu Brisket as we started eating Wagyu steak couple of years ago also as a treat from time to time :-), There is a Wagyu Breader in Stirling we have used in the past.

I have also been playing around with smoking fish with mixed success.
                  Last edited by Kevin Barrie; April 11, 2018, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• MeatMonster
                    MeatMonster commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks! Good info! You'll get lots of great info and support here to help you up your game!

Welcome to the Pit from western Nebraska. I will be visiting Scotland in May and I'm extremely excited to finally get there. Have a clan castle in Kirkudbright I'm looking forward to seeing.

Comment

• MeatMonster
                    MeatMonster commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Anywhere near Aberdeen?

• Dr ROK
                    Dr ROK commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Unfortunately, no. Will start in Edinburgh and head south to Kirkudbricht and then over to west coast. Then back to Edinburgh to fly back to Dublin for a couple days, then home.

Welcome from Iowa.

Comment

Welcome from Cambridgeshire.

Comment

Welcome from Vermont.

Comment

Welcome from the San Francisco, CA area. My high school team mascot were the Highlanders. We had a cool bagpipe band and dancing lassies, which really outclassed the teams on our league.

Comment

Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina! Absolutely love your part of the world.

I've got family to the south of you that we visit regularly and we do a fair bit of fly fishing in Scotland - have fished the Rivers Tay, Nith, Orchy, Spey among others, and have fished in Loch Leven and in the River Ythan estuary at Newburgh ( MeatMonster - that's near your neck o' the woods, I believe?). And we usually (well, always) fit in a distillery tour or two on the fishing trip - helps with the fish tales...

Will be over again soon, not sure which rivers or distilleries just yet (any suggestions?...), but I do know that we will certainly be enjoying some of Scotland's most famous exports.

Glad you're here. Keep us posted.
                          Last edited by BourBonQ; April 13, 2018, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• MeatMonster
                            MeatMonster commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Missed this one! BourBonQ small world my house is a stones throw from the Ythan!!!

Try the River Dee \ Royal Deeside beautiful area, and fishing!

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here