Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From Nebraska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Nebraska

Joined about a month ago right after I purchased a Blazin' Grill all US made in Beatrice, NE. Had a cheap electric thing that did ok but only in warm weather with no wind (no wind in NE?? Ha!) so didn't do as much smoking as I'd like. One of my first smokes on my new smoker was a Pork butt. Came out ok, but seemed to take longer that I thought it would (13 hours, 7-8lbs @ 225) and didn't have the smoke flavor as much, but then I was using a mix of pecan, cherry and apple. So I ordered a Amazin smoke box in time to do my next smoke of a brisket which gave a wonderful smoke ring and flavor (15 hours, 12 or so lbs, @ 225) and even my "foodie" son said it was one of the best he's had! I used a similar mix of pellets but added in some hickory and only filled the smoke box 2/3 full. Then I did a meatloaf a week ago with a different recipie than usual. Came out really good. Didn't use the smoke box this time. And last weekend did a ham with a mix of hickory, pecan and apple. Didn't really seem to pick up much extra smoke flavor either, and it took way longer to hit 140 degrees than it should have and didn't really add much more smoke flavor. Maybe hsould have used the smoke box. Probably won't waste the pellets on a ham again. Next on the list is a rack of ribs, hopefully within a couple weeks. Also have a nice pork loin in the freezer! Hope this TMI for my first post. Looking forward to learning more techniques. I've been enjoying reading others' posts.

Welcome from Colorado!

Comment

• HAH
      HAH commented
      Editing a comment
      Home town is Boulder, grew up in Boulder Canon and went to CSU. Do miss the mountains but not the hoards in the summer!

Welcome HAH

Comment

Welcome...where at in Nebraska?

Comment

• HAH
        HAH commented
        Editing a comment
        Lincoln

• kbremer
        kbremer commented
        Editing a comment
        I get to Lincoln twice a week if you ever need anything...

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
          Glad to have ya here, neighbor!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from the land of Loch Ness!

Comment

• HAH
                HAH commented
                Editing a comment
                Beautiful country! Got to go to Edinburgh for a semester in college and managed to get around the loch where Nellie is supposed to live. Didn't see her though! Lots of good memories!

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Papio! GBR!!!

Comment

• HAH
                  HAH commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lincoln here. Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome to the Pit! Thanks for joining up!

When you have a second, give this thread a once over. There is some important information for you. This information will ensure you get the most out of your experience here in The Pit.

Also, it's very important that you:
                • To check your email, go to User settings then the account tab.You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) Huskee with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]
                • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thank you for your support. We are excited to have you and we look forward to your contributions.

-Spinaker

Comment

Welcome from about as far west as you can get and still be in Nebraska. Morrill, NE is 8 miles from Wyoming. Congrats on the new pellet grill. I opted for a Yoder and have had it a few weeks now. Pellet grills are commonly criticized for not having enough smoke flavor. Personally, I think it's due to people being accustomed to eating bbq that has been exposed to dirtier smoke than what you see coming out of a pellet grill. A smoke tube will generate white (dirty) smoke due to smoldering wood pellets. Pellet grills burn pellets very efficiently, resulting in a much cleaner smoke. I prefer the cleaner smoke bbq, but that's just me. Many people like it a heavier smoke flavor. Also, exposure to smoke during the cook tends to dull the senses. Next time try taking a shower or at least change clothes and then, using a washcloth and clean around your nose and face after smoking, prior to eating. Go Big Red!

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
                    Sweaty Paul commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Love the red cart!

• Dr ROK
                    Dr ROK commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Red cart and Husker emblem on the counterweight sold me on getting a comp cart with the Yoder. Have season tix to the skers, so we are in Lincoln for all the home games. Also got my Doctorate there, so its a home away from home

• Craigar
                    Craigar commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dr ROK congrats on the new grill! I didn't recognize you with the new avatar.

Uh hah HAH. Welcome aboard, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here