Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Germany

Hello all, I'm proud to have become a member. I've followed and used this site's recipes and tips for some time and finally decided to join up. I'm originally from St. Louis, MO, but moved to Germany 10 years ago. I've a wife and three daughters, thus grilling/smoking designates my much needed "man time". I'm currently running a Weber Genesis, and have used a kettle grill for past smokes, but I just bought a ProQ Excel 20. I would have gone for the WSM, but the larger model costs around 900 euro (ouch). The larger model is needed, as my German neighbors seem to trickle over to our house when they smell the grill... I'm looking forward to expanding my BBQ skills and making my family/friends/neighbors happy thru the art of grilled/smoked meat. I'm also looking forward to pairing excellent German and Belgian beer to proper recipes (I may have to do a lot of experimentation on this one!).

I'm enclosing a picture of my village. We have about 300 inhabitants and a ~1000 year old monastery. Hopefully all the future pictures of my village will show a nice plume of wood smoke coming from my backyard!

Cheers,

Eric

Hello ej! Welcome.

900 euros! Get out, thats CRAZY money. I love the look of that ProQ. (over here their Napoleon I believe) That smoker is for sure on my wish list.

I would like to invite you to stop by the bullet smoker thread and show us some pics your cooker. I'd love to take a closer look at it and see your cooks.

Again, great to meet ya!

http://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/for...bullet-smokers
    Last edited by Jon Solberg; January 2, 2015, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Jon,

Good to meet you, too. I'll take some pictures this afternoon. I will be seasoning the smoker, so perfect timing. I plan on doing a full charcoal basket with full airflow and a half full water pan. I will also eventually throw on some pure pork belly fat. Hopefully that should do the trick. If anyone has other advice, please let me know.

-Eric

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Eric! Great intro post, glad to meet you. Your village is beautiful, quaint. I wouldn't mind seeing that every day myself (with a small plume of smoke from my backyard too).

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos!

Hope to hear & see more from you.

Comment

Welcome aboard. The Pit is a great place to learn and hangout.

I agree with Huskee, your village looks beautiful

Comment

Right on! A big Pit welcome from the Charleston, SC area!

Have some authentic spaeztel and German potato salad for me!

Comment

Ausgezeichnet!

Comment

Welcome to the group. I'm a newbie too, lots of great info here and great group of members that provide answers to any questions you may have.

Comment

Welcome Eric, also a new member. Look forward to hearing what German beer does for your grilling!

Comment

Willkommen in der Grube!!! Sie werden es hier lieben!!!

Comment

Welcome Eric... it will be good to hear about your cooks. I bet you can get some awesome sausages to smoke! Let us know!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! The picture of your village is awesome! Germany is on my list of places to visit for sure.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here