Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy New Year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy New Year!

Brand new to the smoking aspect and I guess for the grilling too. Realized after many years of grilling I was doing it wrong. Love to learn more about it and smoking too as I got a ne smoker as a Christmas gift

Welcome Jimbo. As Meathead says, there are no rules in the Pit or the bedroom. So you weren't doing it wrong, just not optimal. Huskee will be along soon to tell you to fill out your signature, etc. and how to do it.

What kind of smoker did you get?

Comment

Thank you. I received a Brinkmann Trailmaster Limited Edition smoker. Used it once for a couple racks of ribs.. They were ok, but I did better with my Weber kettle. I have a lot to learn.

Comment

Welcome Jimbo. I'm new here and recently got a Big Green Egg and using the resources here, my cooks are vastly improved, and my worst cooks are still better than my previous best. 'm having a blast and intend on enjoying the journey! The folks here are very helpful.

Comment

Thanks Fuzzydaddy. I have looked at a lot of BBQ forums and this one seems to have the best knowledge and tips to help me. I really enjoy grilling and always wanted to learn to smoke. This will be a great experience for me

Comment

Welcome Jimbo! Thanks for the support!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos!

Hope to hear & see more from you.

Comment

Welcome aboard Jimbo

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Jimbo!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here