Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greeting from the mountains of Northern New Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greeting from the mountains of Northern New Mexico

Welcome pitmasters. After lurking for a long while I finally joined the club. I had a chance to meet Meathead a few weeks ago in Albuquerque and we had a nice chat about science in cooking.

I have been cooking and grilling pretty much since I was a kid. I have a number of grills and smokers, but my fallbacks are a Ugly Drum Smoker (Big Poppa kit with some mods) and a series of Weber Kettles. They never let me down.

I have been a KCBS member and certified judge and table captain for about 5 years, now. Competitions in the southwest are far apart. New Mexico is down to only one per year, in Artesia, NM. I have also had the pleasure of cooking with a team in Colorado. Hard work, but fun.

While I love traditional "American" BBQ, I am always trying to expand into new techniques and flavors. Al Pastore pork, Greek leg of lamb, Korean ribs, jerk chicken, satay, etc. Life is too short to not explore.

Am glad to be here. Smoke on.

Dale from Los Alamos, NM.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Dale-With-UDS.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	471705

Ah, another one of those guys who gets to eat competion Q for free.....life is good!

Welcome from the Breeze!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. Great looking barrel cooker.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!
            Cheers from Norway!

Comment

Howdy! From a fellow New Mexican!

Comment

Welcome dalehugo

Comment

Welcome from the Denver area ...

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from your neighbors in Texas!!! Look forward to some green chile recipes from you. Btw nice looking barrel, looks like it’s goig 100 mph just sitting there!!!

Comment

That barrel is HOT! Welcome to the Pit! OOooo I see the Hofbrauhaus logo in your background. I always find time to visit the one across the river when in Cincinnati.

Comment

Three thumbs up to exploring & finding out new stuff. Welcome aboard, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                            Glad to have ya here, lookin forward to more from ya!

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here