Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Connoisseur from DFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jstjohn83 welcome to the Pit! There is an Eggfest in Athens, Tx on April 14. You get to sample food and talk to cooks from 9am to 3pm. It is lots of fun. I am assuming that DFW stands for Dallas-Forth Worth. I live in east Dallas.

Comment

• jstjohn83
      jstjohn83 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yessir, I actually went the other way, got a Kamado Joe, We started a DFW Joenation group, and are having a meatup that day as well. KJ has a chef that travels the country and shows off the KJ and all it can do. I went to one last August at a local dealer, but he is coming back and someone is hosting it in their backyard. Should be fun!

jstjohn83 whatever you can cook on an Egg you can cook on a KJ and vice versa. As of yet I haven’t been able to stir up much interest in an Egg group here in Dallas, so if you would welcome an Egg guy into your group I think I’d be interested. I bought my son-in-law a Joe Junior a few years ago, and I like it better than my MiniMax.

Comment

• jstjohn83
      jstjohn83 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah there is a 10 minute video on KJ vs BGE and everything that is different has no affect on the end product. Taste test they could not distinguish between the two. As far as the Joenation group, We take em all. We have about 6 egg folks and some with regular grills. The link to join is https://www.facebook.com/groups/482929925377076/

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Farmville, Va...

Comment

Happy that you joined, thanks for your support!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here