Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you are a member you must log in now. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Connoisseur from DFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina!

Comment

jstjohn83 welcome to the Pit! There is an Eggfest in Athens, Tx on April 14. You get to sample food and talk to cooks from 9am to 3pm. It is lots of fun. I am assuming that DFW stands for Dallas-Forth Worth. I live in east Dallas.

Comment

• jstjohn83
        jstjohn83 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yessir, I actually went the other way, got a Kamado Joe, We started a DFW Joenation group, and are having a meatup that day as well. KJ has a chef that travels the country and shows off the KJ and all it can do. I went to one last August at a local dealer, but he is coming back and someone is hosting it in their backyard. Should be fun!

jstjohn83 whatever you can cook on an Egg you can cook on a KJ and vice versa. As of yet I haven’t been able to stir up much interest in an Egg group here in Dallas, so if you would welcome an Egg guy into your group I think I’d be interested. I bought my son-in-law a Joe Junior a few years ago, and I like it better than my MiniMax.

Comment

• jstjohn83
        jstjohn83 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah there is a 10 minute video on KJ vs BGE and everything that is different has no affect on the end product. Taste test they could not distinguish between the two. As far as the Joenation group, We take em all. We have about 6 egg folks and some with regular grills. The link to join is https://www.facebook.com/groups/482929925377076/

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Farmville, Va...

Comment

Happy that you joined, thanks for your support!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes

Spotlight

These are not paid ads, they are a curated selection of products we love.

All of the products below have been tested and are highly recommended. Click here to read more about our review process.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

Many merchants pay us a small referral fee when you click our “buy now” links. This has zero impact on the price you pay but helps support the site.

Our Favorite Backyard Smoker

The amazing Karubecue is the most innovative smoker in the world. At its crux is a patented firebox that burns logs above the cooking chamber and sucks heat and extremely clean blue smoke into the thermostat-controlled oven. Click here for our review of this superb smoker.

The Efficiency Of A Kamado Plus The Flexibility Of The Slow ‘N Sear Insert

kamado grill
          Built around SnS Grill’s patented Slow ‘N Sear charcoal kettle accessory, this 22-inch kamado is a premium ceramic grill that brings true 2-zone cooking to a kamado. Click here for our article on this exciting cooker.

BBQ And Grilling Gifts For Every Occasion

Looking for the perfect gift for the BBQ and grilling enthusiasts in your life? Here’s our suggestion for platinum and gold medal-winning products at a variety of price points. Click here to see our list of Gold Medal Gifts.

Amp Up Your Outdoor Cooking Game By Joining The Pitmaster Club

AmazingRibs.com Pitmaster Club
          Now the largest membership-based BBQ and grilling community in the world, the Pitmaster Club is sure to step up your outdoor cooking game. Experience the countless benefits — from monthly giveaways, to free products, to exclusive content, and more– by signing up for a 30-day free trial below! Get a free 30-day trial here.