Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New smoker from Reno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New smoker from Reno

Hi everyone, just joined the site after buying Meathead's book today. I'm already kicking myself for waiting as long as I did, the book and website are great! I've been an active grilled for a few years now, but I started smoking last year after my wife got me a Pit Barrel Cooker to celebrate the start of the adoption process for our soon-to-be son. I've smoked tri-tips, salmon, brats, pork belly, pork chops, even fresh mozzarella! But my wife officially turned over the Thanksgiving turkey honors to me after I apple smoke-roasted this years bird to moist and juicy perfection. Corned beef may get the PBC treatment tomorrow, and I'd like to try ribs, pork shoulder, and brisket soon.

Welcome to the Pit! Thanks for joining up! Good luck with the corned beef. Let us know if you have any questions.

When you have a second, give this thread a once over. There is some important information for you. This information will ensure you get the most out of your experience here in The Pit.

Also, it's very important that you:
    • To check your email, go to User settings then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) Huskee with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]
    • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thank you for your support. We are excited to have you and we look forward to your contributions.

-Spinaker

Comment

Welcome to the pit. Our vacation home is our at Whitehawk Ranch, about an hour away from Reno. We get a lot of our meat from Sierra Meat in Reno. Great stuff.

Comment

• VideoWolf88
        VideoWolf88 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've been to Sierra a few times, great stuff. Usually my favorite is Blue Ribbon Butcher Shop in Sparks.

Welcome aboard. Isn’t smokin n’ griilin a blast! Eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina!

Be sure to keep an eye on the PBC sub forum...

You'll be amazed what you can do with that fantastic little cooker.

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. You have a real great start going. Enjoy.

Comment

Welcome VideoWolf88

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome from Pensacola Florida.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. Two things to add to your cook list are chuck roasts and short ribs. Chuckies cook like a butt, and short ribs cook similar to brisket, but a little quicker. We prefer short ribs to brisket.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Colorado!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, from Texas !!

Comment

Congrats on the adoption! Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! It is a fun place to be.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit
                            Glad ya joined us here, hope ya decide to stick around...

Comment

• EdF
                              EdF commented
                              Editing a comment
                              "Welcome to the Pit, I guess we all know why we're here. My name is Meathead, and you became aware this year! Got your M-C-S, and the smoke is blue and clear. Here comes Uncle Bonesy with your very own Weber"!

Sorry, every time I see Welcome to the Pit, it happens, and the Who get stuck in my head for a while. Thanks, Pete! And thanks, Bones!
                              Last edited by EdF; March 19, 2018, 02:09 PM.

• Mr. Bones
                              Mr. Bones commented
                              Editing a comment
                              HeeHee, LMAO!
                              Thanks brother EdF (an Pete) !

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here