Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New guy from the home of the Spiedie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy from the home of the Spiedie

Hello, I'm originally from a small town close to Syracuse, NY. Go 'Cuse! For the last 20 years or so I have lived a little farther south near Binghamton and the home of the Spiedie. I've seen Meathead's recipe for them on the site.

Most people probably would not think of NY as a BBQ area but in addition to the Spiedie we are home to Cornell Chicken which is served at almost any fundraising event thoughout the area.

Up until about a year ago about as much outdoor cooking I did was to cook hotdogs, hamburgers, and steaks on my propane grill and was not even the best at that. I saw several Kamado style smokers at various stores which seemed interesting except for their price. I did some research on reviews and made my decision based on a review on this website. I bought a Broil King Keg 5000 based on the review, price, and the fact you could out on a trailer hitch which meant easy transport when my family goes camping.

With the help of the website and Meathead's cookbook I've done so much more with pretty great results. My favorites things to smoke are pork tenderloin, pulled pork, roast beef, and brisket. I've done pizza as well with some mixed results. Seems like my first one for the day comes out fine and I burn the bottom of the rest.

Well ill I better shut up for now before I bore you to death.

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

No worries, we all were in your shoes one time. Keep on cooking and be sure to share your ups and downs.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit
        Lookin forward to hearin more from ya, I ain't bored by it...
        Jump on in, an be sure an bring some pics!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from NE Washington state. Along with tips, techniques, and recipes about BBQ we have a lot of fun. If you like music, go to this thread to hear what others are listening to and share what you like. For jokes, go to this thread. Go to this thread to post where you work and what your hobbies are and get to know other members here. We are happy to have you along and looking forward to your participation.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois! Sounds like you are on your way to great cooks!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from UTAH. I grew up in the Hudson valley!

Comment

Welcome JCC723

Comment

Welcome aboard. Just to keep you abreast of the rules, section 8, par 4 states that you need to post pics of cookers & first cook as a member. Also you have to eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Thanks for joining up!

When you have a second, give this thread a once over. There is some important information for you. This information will ensure you get the most out of your experience here in The Pit.

Also, it's very important that you:
                      • To check your email, go to User settings then the Account tab'? You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) Huskee with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]
                      • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thank you for your support. We are excited to have you and we look forward to your contributions.

-Spinaker

Comment

Is the fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome

Comment

• JCC723
                            JCC723 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I see it says your in Clay, NY. I grew up in Auburn and my dad and uncle both worked at New Process Gear in Syracuse for many years. Been to Clay a few times. I lived down in Endicott for about the last 20 years do you have a fondness for Hoffman hotdogs and salt potatoes like I do?

• Pirate Scott
                            Pirate Scott commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yep, one of the Many Places around Central New York that People Used To Work. Too bad we have so many Empty Buildings, but it is getting better. Hoffmann Hots and Hinerwadels Salt Potatoes are definitely on the menu.

Never bored hearing from passionate cooks. Trust me, no one has yet to corner the market on fire cooking food. Welcome and show us your wears !!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

• JCC723
                              JCC723 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I was stationed in south eastern Colorado in the early 90's while in the Air Force. I really liked Colorado.

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here