Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm In, from Houston...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• donsut
    commented on 's reply
    your foil trick was perfect. I've been using it all weekend. I even made some little triangular stands out of aluminum foil. excellent idea, thank you!

• BourBonQ
    replied
    Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina!

Leave a comment:

• Oakgrovebacon
    replied
    Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Leave a comment:

• donsut
    replied
    Finally it has arrived!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Nate
    replied
    Welcome from Indiana

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
    Glad to have ya here with us, lookin forward to more from ya!
    Thanks fer yer service, amigo!

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit. Stick around and you will learn how to do an all day cook without sitting by the cooker - unless you want to.

Leave a comment:

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    Welcome to great fun in the Pit!

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    You're going to be happy!

• donsut
    replied
    Originally posted by EdF View Post

Enjoy that Primo, and don't skip the subforum threads on Ceramic cookers. Look especially for the one on the "smoke pot".

And if you're interested in a book on Kamado techniques, check out The Kamado Smoker and Grill Cookbook: Recipes and Techniques for the World's Best Barbecue .

Will do..

I'll check that book out next. I did get and read "Hot Coals: A User's Guide to Mastering Your Kamado Grill". This was a good set of instructions for how to use the Komado.

With all the stuff I've read and videos I've watched I'm ready to start applying this knowledge and building some actual experience. Alas, I'm still waiting on the guys to deliver my Primo....

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    Welcome donsut

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    replied
    Well, it's like some of the Buddhists say: you need to do the purification exercises to make yourself ready for recognition of the true nature of BBQ. And the path to enlightenment continues after that, but it's all different!

Enjoy that Primo, and don't skip the subforum threads on Ceramic cookers. Look especially for the one on the "smoke pot".

And if you're interested in a book on Kamado techniques, check out The Kamado Smoker and Grill Cookbook: Recipes and Techniques for the World's Best Barbecue .

Some folks complain it's short on recipes (I suppose it is), but it's a manual to your new tool and what you can do with it. I even learned a few new ones with 15+ years of kamado cooking behind me.

Welcome!

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Welcome from the Denver area ...

Leave a comment:

• jgreen
    replied
    Welcome from Winnipeg.

Leave a comment:

• jgreen
    commented on 's reply
    At least an inch, two is better, so you are not getting a "meat shadow " reading from the colder meat

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here