Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Posting photo problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posting photo problem

Trying to post some pics, not having any luck, can't figure it out, did it last week, now I can't. Any help would be great.....

It can be tricky. Click on the box with the underlined 'A' above the text box. A menu of icons will appear. You want the one that looks like a mountain with a sun over it, hovering over the icon will show 'Image'. Click on it and a box 'Image Properties' appears. If your photo has a URL, paste it into the appropriate box and hit 'Okay'. If you want to do a photo from your computer, click on the 'Upload' tab near the top. The box will now change, and allow you to browse for your photo. Click 'Browse' and a new window pops up allowing you to search through your computer for the photo, double clicking on it will fill the box with the necessary information. Now click 'Send it to the server'. Now wait, and I mean WAIT. It is done when you see the image below the text box. You can now close the window, it may give you a message about URL missing, just click 'OK'. Now below the text box you have the image with a menu, Thumbnail, Small, Medium, Large, Remove. Make sure your pointer in the text box where you want the image inserted in your post and pick the size, I usually choose Medium. Now your picture will be inserted. If you want to do another image, click the 'Upload Attachments' button and repeat.

BTW, in the same button where the 'Image' icon is, the film strip icon next to it is for imbedding videos, and the chain link to the left is for hyperlinking in a URL, you highlight text, click that button and paste in the URL you want to link to that text. It will look like this: Share the music

Comment

• Tom Garwood
      Tom Garwood commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank You Again, I'll give it another shot.....

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks CN!

• Tom Garwood
      Tom Garwood commented
      Editing a comment
      Just not doing it. All I get is a red line across the, send to server box, that you can scroll left or right a little bit, even took a shower while I waited. I'll try again tomorrow, Thanks Again....

I have never seen a red line before. When you click 'Browse' do you get a new window with your directory? If so, find the photo you want to upload, double click on it, or single click and the 'Open'. The directory path should now be displayed in the text area next to 'Browse'. Then when you click on 'Send it to the server' nothing happens for a bit, I suppose that is determined by your internet speed. It is finished when you see the photo below this text box. Meantime I'll search the site for a pictorial tutorial. (I've waited all my life to use those words together!)

Found this, at it eliminates a couple of steps. Wish I had read this first...

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-post-pictures
    Last edited by ComfortablyNumb; March 11, 2018, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Where are your images? If you use Google Photos I posted a link last week on how to share images from Google Photos to here. It's a round about way but it works with no need to upload them to the site.

Comment

Everyone is just guessing, (good guesses though ),what you are doing. It would be helpful if you posted the exact steps you are using to try to get a photo posted. Do you know what the files size of your photos are? Is it possible that the file size is too large? Are you doing this exactly the same way you did it successfully earlier?

Comment

• Tom Garwood
          Tom Garwood commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe the file sizes are too large, I g-mailed them from cell phone to computer and they are huge, other photo was down loaded from my now missing camera to my puter, going to try find it and see what happens with it. Thanks for all the feed back.......

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      Rubs Promo
      Meat-Up in Memphis